In 2010 a group of heroes foiled the attempted conquest of Earth by an invading race of lizard like humanoids known as the Layar. Thanks to the efforts of the Northsdale Five, lead by a young girl named Maria Ryan, the Layar were forced to retreat. Two years later a diplomatic escort from Layar arrived on Earth to open a peace treaty with our Planet, in exchange for some of our resources, we were provided with the means to explore space. It is now 2016, and the human race has colonized Mars, Europa, and Titan, providing more space for the Human race to grow and expand. The story begins as several people with supernatural abilities are kidnapped by the Layar.
The game thread can be found here.
This game shows examples of:
- Anti-Antichrist: Sen is Lucifers daughter and she helps out the player characters.
- Anti-Hero: Some of the characters are this.
- Archaic Weapon for an Advanced Age: Some characters use melee weapons when others use guns.
- Conveniently an Orphan: A few cases.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: The CEO of the Atlas Corporation and Toris father, Alexander Mycroft. Trying to make magic weapons, and intended to hire his magically talented daughter out as a mercenary after keeping her locked in the research labs for testing the entire time.
- Elemental Powers: In addition to the magic shots, Tori can manipulate (and turn things into) metal.
- GMPC: Kiki, and formerly Sen.
- Guns Akimbo: Toris primary weapons are dual pistols, both for normal shooting and magically enhanced shots.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Tori tends to go rather light on the clothing. Social conventions were not a part of her education. She does cover up when going somewhere cold.
- Mage Marksman: Tori, of the "Magic Gunman" variety: Her guns are used for most of her spells.
- Mega-Corp: The Atlas Corporation, mentioned in Toris backstory.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Melinda, Victoria, Sora, and Lilly are dragons who can take human form.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Lillian is a ghoul, which is basically a sentient zombie in this context.
- Power Tattoo: Tori has them. They glow when she's in her magic form.
- Point Build System: Players distribute points between different stats, with a cap based on level to prevent Min-Maxing.
- Regenerating Health: Melinda/Skyflame has an ability that does this.
- Retcon: Due to a major change in the rule system- particularly the rule that characters must transform to attack and use abilities - several characters from the opening and shortly after had to be changed entirely to fit the new system. Some players decided to make completely new characters, rather than try to find a way to make their original viable.
- Spell Crafting: All spells in the new system are created by spending points for different effects and traits, with the amount of points to spend based on the rank of the spell and drawbacks.
- Spiritual Successor: To Rise of the Magical Girls.
- Transformation Trinket: One of the possible methods of transformation.