- Once upon a time, there lived a princess high in the clouds.
The story is told from the perspective of a fairy maid named Morgan, who became concerned over the doings of a mysterious man named Spoo. Fearing for the welfare of her princess, Lucina, she leaves the castle in search of the mysterious 'anthropomorphic sea urchin,' whom she believes is the The Man Behind the Man to Spoo. Along the way, she meets Robin, a Child Mage with prodigy level intellect, another Spoo, who is also Robin's elder brother, Micaiah, the fiancé of Robin's brother and Princess of the Swordfighter Kingdom, and Roy, the bitter 'hero' of the Great Banishing.The main participants are oft noted to be: Reppad98, who began the thread, Glaceon Mage, often called the most active member of the forum, The Light's Refrain, and most recently, Silver Revenge.
This roleplay provides examples of:
- Anti-Hero: Roy.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Roy may be a kind of bitter a dark mage, but he's really shown to be a good person overall.
- Child Mage: Robin.
- Demonic Possession: Lots of this. First, the evil Spoo does this to Lucina and later Roy. Roy himself later does this to Morgan, though unwillingly. The sea urchin nearly does this to Roy and Lucina as well.
- Eldritch Abomination: The sea urchin.
- Five-Man Band:
- Good Is Not Nice: Roy.
- Half-Human Hybrids: Again, Roy.
- Holy Hand Grenade: The magic Robin uses. The Blonde Spoo's magic comes across as more defensive, as he has never been shown using it offensively.
- Horror Hungar: Roy somehow manages to be a good version. He even says Morgan's spirit was like candy!
- Shout-Out: You would think there would be plenty to Pokémon, with this being on a Pokémon forum, there's really not. However, the majority, except both Spoos and Aria, of the character names and the names of the magic types are references to Fire Emblem. Three of the nations in the surface world are named after provinces in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.