Pokemon Epoch is an expansive Play By Post Pokémon RP set in Pokémon Special universe, starting three years after the BW arc. It features every region in the manga (and even includes Orre, which hasnt been shown as of yet), and includes the nifty feature of being able to import your character from other sites. The site is still in its adolescent stages as far as overarching plots go, but with a steadily-increasing membership and diversity in classes and alignments, it's only a matter of time.
As of November 2014 the site has been running strong for nearly two years, with new character and plot options available, as well as a brand new, member-built original region on which activity is to be focused.
Created by Slate, Popple, and Cloudcuckoolander Lyro, Epoch is gaining members frequently and focuses on having fun more than competition and the like.
Those interested in checking it out can find the RP here.
Has its own character sheet, but select examples that are relevant to multiple characters can be included on the main page.
This Roleplay includes examples of the following Tropes:
- Aerith and Bob
- A.I. Roulette: How wild Pokemon spawns, breeding results, and added move effects are decided.
- Alternate Universe: The In Character Box is generally this, though players sometimes decide to have IC events become canon in the normal forum RP.
- Amplifier Artifact: The Deoxys meteor works this way for psychics. The current list of folks after it include Zernebog, Professor Io, Murdoc and Team Rocket, and Jeremiah and Lucas.
- And Now For Something Completely Different: One of the main points of Goodshows.
- Aura Vision: One of the few supernatural abilities characters can have. Current users include Sera Werner, Rhafiel Diederich, and Miguel Hidalgo.
- Badass Family: The Ugumis.
- Bland-Name Product: Saws-Mart and Sawsbucks.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: There are plenty on the site, but Interpol is pretty much an agency of them at this point.
- Character Exaggeration: Some IC Box events tend to play up aspects of the characters involved.
- Darker and Edgier: With some characters coming from pasts as assassins or civil war soldiers.
- Fantasy Gun Control: In keeping with the source material, guns don't exist in the Epoch universe.
- Fiction 500: The Hasans, the Courtwater-Saughtterlys
- Free-Range Children: Typical for Pokemon. Trainers can start as young as ten, and civilians as young as eight. No one seems to have a problem with them traversing the world by themselves.
- Gender Bender: A frequently discussed IC theme.
- Happened in canon in a few cases after a Halloween event introduced a line of Wyott Riot candies with the ability to genderbend Pokemon, and people (temporarily).
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- Lucas and Jeremiah
- Ricki and Sam
- Mimi and Etta
- Interactive Narrator: Zigzagged with Goodshows.
- Intergenerational Friendship
- Ronnie and Shiori (14) with Elliot (24)
- Interpol Special Agent: EPOCH has several, with Interpol as one of the newer available character classes. They operate as a cross between the fiction example given and something like the FBI, having jurisdiction over crimes that, while may involve Pokemon, are not directly concerning Pokemon, such as mob activity or high profile murders and abductions that are cross-region or otherwise beyond the scope of the regular police.
- Just Woke Up That Way: The explanation for the majority of genderbends and other odd transformations that afflict characters in the IC box.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Ricki says something to this effect about the Storyland Goodshow.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Inevitably
- The Mafia: Team Rocket
- Mega-Corp: Saughtterly Enterprises
- Missing Mom: A number of characters' plots feature this to some degree.
- Mistaken for Gay: Jeremiah and Lucas, who kind of take Heterosexual Life-Partners Up to Eleven.
- Odd Friendship
- Vesta and Piper
- Etta and Mimoza
- Official Couple: Ricki and Jason
- Oh My Gods!: Arceus being the most common substitute.
- Research, Inc.: Saughtterly Enterprises
- Running Gag
- . . . and Sam.
- People getting Kanoa's name wrong, both on purpose and accidentally.
- Chelsea threatening to circulate baby pictures of Sable and Kanoa if she doesn't get her way.
- Sable pushing his glasses up. By the bridge.
- Ryusuke never remembering who Jerry is. How do you forget a guy with an eyepatch?
- Shipping: More or less Epoch's national pastime.
- Shipper on Deck: Ronnie, generally.
- Multiple characters in the IC have jumped on the RickixJason ship.
- Chelsea, especially where her siblings are concerned.
- Jerry.Jerry: My ship will sail Lucas. Do not deny a pirate his ships.
- Ship Tease: Loads of it in the IC, because the planned couples haven't become canon in the threads yet.
- Notable Examples: IoxDucky, RickixJason (now canon), RainxRyusuke, SeraxAce, EngelxCris
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Elinda's Metagross seems fond of this one. One example, versus a Dragonair, summarized: Face grab, Mortal Kombat style, then Force Choke via Psychic. After punching the other Pokemon in the head with Meteor Mash.
- Wide Open Sandbox: Does away with an enforced linear plot, instead encouraging players to make their own stories, and participate in modded events like missions and the Summer Festival.
- Witness Protection
- Downplayed in Lucas' case. Interpol covertly relocates him to Agate Village as a courtesy, and maintains secrecy surrounding his involvement with them, but after that he is mostly on his own.
- Where Mimi was revealed to have been after a year-long timeskip.
- World of Badass
You had to be there.