Pacific Lockup is a play by post online roleplaying forum set in present day America in a Retro Universe where we still retained that 80's style and love of Ronald Reagan. The world is similar to ours in almost every way except a clone of Ronald Reagan is president and the prison system in our country has been streamlined into an Alcatrazesce island penal colony. The prison island is a scavenger world where might makes right and prisoners rip each others throats out with tin snips for a can of beans.
Outside of the prison the entire world is a wide open sandbox where players are free to do as they see fit. The only limit is realism unless your craziness is good enough to make the site staff laugh. The most important thing though is that this game is fun. Come on and give it a try if you think you're interested. Channel your desire to write creatively with the fun of an open world competitive experience.
- Deadpan Snarker: The site staff like to put a healthy dose of sarcasm with everything.
- The '80s: The site constantly attempts to emulate the 80's attitude and aesthetics.
- Player Versus Player: The game allows for any player with IC reason to attack and kill another player in the game. This has sometimes led to very humorous outcomes.
- Retro Universe: The setting picks and chooses what it likes about the '80s while keeping things in modern times.
- Rule of Funny: Almost anything is allowed to happen storywise if its funny enough. If the rules get in the way exceptions are made.
- Scavenger World: The prison island is completely cut off from society resulting in mass scarcity. Thugs in improvised armor and blunt weapons bash each others heads in to take possession of what little is left.
- Schizo Tech: Even though its an 80's based retro universe scientists have figured out how to clone an adult in a test tube. Medical science figured that tricky problem out but everything else is normal.
- Shout-Out: Almost every character in the game is a reference to a cool TV show or movie.
- Wide Open Sandbox: Outside of the prison island the entire world is open to the players. Players can do anything they'd like to as long as it is grounded in reality. The game is oriented towards a life of crime but there isn't any reason a player couldn't simply open a bookstore and deal with single life in the big city.