Mythos Academy is a roleplay located in Gaia Online. The plot surrounds a prestigious boarding school called Merlin Academy for the Mythological, despite the title name. 'Mythos Academy' was the name coined by the locals due to it's entirety being an academy for legendary creatures. Located in the city of Apotlas, it was built originally to provide education to mythos children, but has grown to be a bomb shelter from those escaping human attention. All grades are divided into four classes: Class A, Class B, Class C, and Class D. Your level of proficiency is dependant on what class you will be put in. Semesters are called trials, all being separated into 5 trials. Mythos Academy can be found here. Not to be confused with a book of the same name.
Mythos Academy contains the following tropes:
- Boarding School
- Deadly Training Area: Anywhere off school grounds.
- Festival Episode: Mythos celebrates festivals of various kinds.
- Held Back in School: Averted, if you consider that grades are nonexistent in Mythos, and wether you're promoted or not depends on how much your abilities have improved.
- Mythology: All of the characters are legendary creatures from the mythology of various cultures.
- Really 700 Years Old: Students and faculty are usually above a normal lifespan.
- Training from Hell: This applies especially when one has joined the orchestra, or if you are taking a combat major.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Unnatural hair colours are commonplace in Mythos.