My Little Pony: Slice of Life is Magic is forum roleplay using a slightly modified version of the Roleplaying is Magic: Season 3 edition rules. It is located on the Giant in the Playground Forums, and tells the story of a group of young children in the town of Vanhoover.
From the description:"Far off in the eastern flatlands of Equestria lies a town called Vanhoover. It's a small farming town, with a population barely over 2000. Ponies work, ponies live, and ponies play as like any other town. Fillies and Colts go to school, artisans and merchants of all sorts practice their craft, and earth ponies (in addition to several unicorns and changelings) farm the fields with the aid of Pegasus weather teams.
hold on a second...changelings?!
Yup. This small town has a big secret: Located directly underneath the town is a network of tunnels that make up the Changeling hive, Hive Olith. Although the two were at odds early on, Vanhoover and Hive Olith have formed a lasting friendship where changelings, for generations, have lived openly among the ponies and they with peace of mind in the hive proper.
After the Invasion of Canterlot the Olithians have stopped trying to hide from outsiders to Vanhoover and demonstrate, through the example they have maintained for years, that ponies and changelings can coexist freely and openly."
The roleplay follows a group of children as they befriend each other and journey though the fifth grade and later middle school.The Characters are:
- Diamond Gear the Crystal Pony colt
- Adepha the female Changeling Nymph
- Sabina blades the Earth Pony filly
- Subtle Hoof the unicorn filly
- Spark the male dragon hatchling
Tropes present in this Roleplay
- Artifact Title: There have been more adventure episodes than Slice of Life, and even the recent Slice of Life episodes have had adventure Elements.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Queen Arlia and Mayor Indigo Eclipse are frequently conversed as being skilled with magic, while Mayor Eclipse beat a professional adventurer and The Big Guy of an Ambassador in a hoof-wrestling match.
- Call a Rabbit a "Smeerp": Changeling and Changling (pronounced Chan-Gling) are used interchangeably.
- Crossover: A lot of Dragon lore, and the way dragon magic works, is derived from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. In particular, the dragon languages are identical, and Spark has used Ice Form many times
- Cross Player: five male players, two male pcs.
- Damsel in Distress: Aeslia, Adepha, and Sabina were these at least once at some point.
- Distressed Dude: Spark and Gear have also suffered from this at least once.
- Fanon: The whole game is based off the players' ideas and headcanons of Equestria.
- If you do anything to hurt him: Sabina threatened to slug Monkey if he ever told anypony about Gear's Bad Dreams
- Kid Hero: The entire cast of main characters are roughly 10-11 years old.
- Official Couple: Adepha and Spark, Gear and Monkey Wrench
- Secret Keeper: The Rest of the PCs are this for Gear's Bad Dreams and his going to therapy, as both are things that Gear is just a little ashamed of.
- Later, Gear's Coltfriend Monkey Wrench finds out in "A Fair Day for a Mystery", and Rater has mentioned OOC that while he doesn't know, Gear would be fine with Tenn Pence becoming this trope, but not any of Tenn's friends
- Shapeshifter Default Form: Despite the ability to look like any pony, changlings' true forms are seen more frequently than changed forms.
- Shapeshifting: The prominence of Changlings in SoLiM means that this will occur pretty regularly.
- Shipper on Deck: Gear Ships Adepha with Spark and Sabina with Tenn. Spark ships Gear with Monkey.
- Discussed Trope: Spark's has asked Subtle's which PC he wants to ship Subtle and her mysterious letter brick companion.
- Slice of Life: The premise is this, however there has been a gradual Genre Shift towards Adventure, even if a lot of the story is still slice of life.