Mr Monty's Neighbourhood is a Tumblr-based roleplay based on the visual novel Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, and a sequel to the roleplay Happy Hope Studios. After two mutual killings, culminating in the execution of HH Studios's mastermind Mifune Chiyori, despair and rioting has swept Japan, but an uneasy peace has returned and society, along with the Future Foundation made up of surviving Hope's Peak students and faculty, has started picking up the pieces.
Which brings us to the present. 18 special, talented children were selected to live together in a small facility. It wouldnt be treated as a school this time but a more of a test of community and peace, one that would solidify bonds and inspire. Each person received a special letter of invitation. Although itd been a secret project, the second the letters went out it became public and attracted a good deal of media attention, both good and bad, although the location of the facility remained a secret. Each special invitation contained a map to a special bus stop, just for them.
It would not end in despair this time.
Wait, Tiramisu Town? Where is that? This wasnt its not what was planned this wasnt planned at all.
MMN started up in May 2016 and is currently ongoing.
Tropes featured in HH Studios (for now the usual standbys of Dangan Ronpa) include:
- Abandoned Area: Tiramisu Town looks like a totally normal if saccharine small town...aside from the fact that the students are the only human inhabitants.
- Anyone Can Die
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: The mayor's rules (the mayor may tolerate murder, but certainly not swearing and memes) and punishments for those rules (ranging from walking barefoot and having to write essays on the importance of friendliness to instant death).
- Body of the Week
- Characters Dropping Like Flies
- Children Forced to Kill
- Deadly Game
- Developing Doomed Characters
- Dwindling Party
- Everyone Is a Suspect
- Evidence Scavenger Hunt
- Fair-Play Whodunnit
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: The town's no-swearing rule results in a lot of this.
- Hostile Show Takeover: The mysterious denizens of Tiramisu Town.
- Involuntary Battle to the Death
- Kangaroo Court:
- Murder Is the Best Solution: Played with. Unlike other Ronpa games, the mayor's behavior (sometimes) and the town rules are totally counterproductive rather than encouraging murder, but murder is still considered A solution.
- Plot-Triggering Death: The next chapter can't begin if no one rises to the motive's bait, after all.
- Public Execution
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Not Monty, but what some people think of the student 'doppelgangers' that appear in the videos for the first motive.
- Sealed Room in the Middle of Nowhere: Not a room, but a town. There are no walls stopping the students from leaving, but the town rules promise instant death for anyone that goes into the surrounding forest.
- Teen Genius: The students were invited to this mysterious project for all being standout for their age group in the specialty of their choice.
- Ten Little Murder Victims
- There Is No Higher Court
- Villain-Based Franchise: Averted, surprisingly! Despite being a Dangan Ronpa RP group, Monokuma's nowhere to be seen. However, the mascot from the first game, Monty from HH Studios, has returned, but in a role more like prisoner than executioner.
- Win Your Freedom: Get away with murder, and you can go home.
- You All Meet in a Cell: In this case, on a runaway bus.