Monocity is a Tumblr/Skype roleplay based on the game Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. It features a group of super high school level talented high school students trapped in a city and told that they're to either live their entire lives there or escape by killing another student and getting away with it. As you can probably guess, the situation does not sit well with them.
The roleplay is still ongoing and scheduled to end in late November.
Monocity contains examples of:
- Abandoned Hospital: Unlocked after Chapter 2's trial
- A House Divided
- Alas, Poor Villain: Kengo commits murder so everyone else can leave District 4, land of wilderness and dead bodies.
- Anyone Can Die
- Big Bad: Monobear, of course
- Big Brother Is Watching: Monobear has cameras set up everywhere, watching the students' every move.
- Break the Cutie: So many cuties. So much murder.
- Body of the Week
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Executions in general, and the third murder, where the victim is found with a gash on her head, rope burns around her neck, and glass shoved down her throat.
- Deadly Game
- Dead Man Writing: Kengo left a video and letter to be discovered after his execution. Both Yukari and Thor also left messages expecting their impending executions, too.
- Death by Irony: The executions were all tailored to the killers' talents.
- Dwindling Party
- Everyone Went to School Together
- I Have Your Wife: The first motive, like in the game the roleplay was based on.
- I'm a Humanitarian: The hospital food.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Gian's an asshole, but a fairly intelligent one.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Of course.
- Role-Playing Game
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Gian and Thor, and to a lesser extent Kengo and Suguri
- Ship Sinking: Kengo and Suguri. Gian and Thor. No happy couples ever.
- Undignified Death: The executions are not pretty.