Mask Or Menace is a multi-fandom superhero roleplay and the sequel game to Cape and Cowl. It takes place in an Alternate History where the Cold War never ended, and at some point in the past, the first wave of imPorts arrived and changed the world.
Now there's a whole new wave of imPorts, in the midst of an ongoing standoff with Russia. This won't end badly at all.
It is hosted on Dreamwidth, and is ongoing as of 2019.
Mask Or Menace has examples of:
- Celebrity Paradox: Much like its predecessor, this is dealt with by having all media related to a series disappear once a character is ported in. However, this doesn't stop other, more pop-culture savvy characters like Rosa Diaz from recognizing them.
- Crossover Shipping: Some in-universe, as is typical for a panfandom game. Examples include Cosima/Clara, who got married recently.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Some imPorts would rather just keep their heads down. It's a little bit difficult considering their status as minor celebrities.
- Jumped at the Call: There's a number of characters who are thrilled to be superheroes.
- Nebulous Evil Organization: The Constellation, led by Count Dooku. This could also fall under The Omniscient Council of Vagueness.
- Odd Friendship: By its very nature as a panfandom game, a lot of cross-canon interactions end up leading to this.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: RISE, the player run collection of good guys. While their intentions are generally for the good of the PCs, their methods in the past have been questionable at best.
- They Fight Crime!: Still the main premise of the game, though the characters are not obligated to become superheroes. Others take a less heroic route.
- Trapped in Another World: It's a jamjar, what did you expect? Subverted in cases of canon updates: the characters can go home and often do. They just don't have any choice in the matter.