Love Me True is a casual play-by-post role-playing forum focusing largely on the Boys' Love, although it welcomes characters of all sorts. It was dreamed up by a bored college student who was new to the world of yaoi and distressed to discover there were hardly any yaoi RPGs around! Determined to rectify this problem, she scrounged up some random strangers on the internet who felt the same and created a message board!
The game focuses on Koiji Gakuen: The all-boys boarding school that offers promising young men from all circles the chance to enjoy education at their prestigious facility. Boys from all over meet, mingle and of course, fall in love. The game's setting extends to that of Tokyo, where the non-staff-and-student characters are located.
LMT refuses to take itself seriously at all. Of course, when half the threads are about dudes making out, it seems kind of silly to try. Rather than being concerned about post length or literacy rankings, LMT works hard to be an easy-going, friendly place where people can just kick back and have fun!
Crazy shenanigans are encouraged, innuendo is adored, and being mean to ones poor hapless characters is pretty much required, all in the name of yaoi!
Provides examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: Invoked by the players behind the men being perverts. And yes, these are mostly women.
- Cast Full of Gay: LMT being a Boys Love RP, this was more or less inevitable. Oftentimes lampshaded by the characters themselves.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: Invoked with Koiji Gakuen, which is an all boys school likely for this precise purpose, although it does have a handful of female teachers floating around.
- Expy: As is common practice with roleplaying forums, many players use pictures of characters from visual media or real life people as their character's play-by.
- Ho Yay: Naturally, there is a lot of friendliness and sexual tension between male characters, even those that don't hook up. It is also a main point of the entire RPG.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Most of the boys that weren't into guys to begin with will end up feeling this way toward at least one other guy.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: The board has no original character limit, which results in lots of enthusiastic players parading around lots of characters.
- Rule of Fun / Rule of Funny: The workings of the plot and settings have been described by an admin to operate mostly on the notion of Sure, why not? if it leads to funny and/or dramatic hijinks.
- Scholarship Student: Unusually, instead of just the one, Koiji Gakuen has loads of these. Seemingly because it hands out its scholarships like free candy.
- Situational Sexuality: Has been exhibited by some students as a reaction to finding themselves in a school filled with other, incredibly hot boys. Notably, the trope is being averted at the moment: Many of the boys and men that end up in gay relationships were actually gay or bi from the start.
- The Smurfette Principle: The site's female characters are vastly outnumbered, due to players being mostly in it for the yaoi.