The Loli Grail War (name subject to change) —or just LGW for short— is a currently going on Mega Crossover on Twitter, based on the Holy Grail War. It was started to create the biggest crossover imaginable while waiting through the 3 month gap in the middle of the Fate/Zero anime.
For reasons unknown, another Holy Grail appeared. Seven Masters are chosen and drawn to Fragment City where they summon their Servants, and proceed to fight for the coveted Grail. The chosen Masters are:
- Hayate Yagami - Having heard of the Holy Grail and mistaking it for a Lost Logia, Hayate set out to secure it at any means necessary.
- Subaru Nakajima - Overheard Hayate going out to secure the Grail and wanted to tag along. Hayate tried to talk her out of it, but Subaru was chosen as a Master anyway.
- Faris Nyannyan - Being chosen randomly by the grail, Faris, to ensure it wouldn't grant a bad wish, decided that a acquiring a new secret technique would be alright.
- Keima Katsuragi - After receiving a strange mail and realizing it sounded not unlike a certain galge, Keima decided to enter in order to see the ending.
- Later on, he transfers his Command Seals to Yui Goido, who managed to trail him to Fragment City.
- Nagi Sanzenin - Discovering about the Grail in an old book, she searched the internet for more information. After learning all the details, she knew she had to obtain it so she could get her manga published.
- Saori Bajeena - After having heard of its wish-granting capabilities, Saori sought after it, wanting nothing more than acceptance from her family.
- Ruri Gokou - ???
The Servants that were summoned are:
- Assassin: Light Yagami - Being reborn by the power of the Holy Grail, Light is still out to punish criminals as Kira. Has lost nothing of his intellect, and will use it in order to eliminate the other Masters and Servants.
- Lancer: Hrist Valkyrie -
- Rider: Kurou Daijuuji - Kurou Daijuuji from a universe where he became an Elder God, a multiversal being. Summoned with a scrap of metal that had been part of Demonbane, many of his powers are unusable due to a misunderstanding of his Master.
- Archer: Nanoha Takamachi - An Alternate Universe version of the White Devil, wearing black and looking like the younger Nanoha, yet also has memories from her adult self. Summoned by having a summoning circle made completely out of galge boxes and using a special limited edition of Triangle Heart 3 as the artifact.
- Berserker: Momoyo Kawakami - Just wants to fight strong opponents.
- Caster: Evangeline A.K. McDowell - Not the actual Evangeline, but the clone from the magic scroll of Magia Erebea. Even with less power than the original, she is still a formidable opponent.
- Saber: Astraea - Fell from the sky when summoned, creating a huge crater in the middle of the city.
Finally, to ensure that nobody steps out of bounds, the role of Overseer for this Grail War has been given to Sayaka Miki. There are also the Vessel of The Loli Grail Eriko Karube, and her onee-san and protector Yomi Isayama.
The entire cast can be found here.
You can watch the story unfold yourself right here.
Summaries become available at select intervals.
There's also Lelouch's observations of the war here.
Tropes found in the Loli Grail War include:
- Recette Lemongrass Hates Your Guts: To the point where Recette bought out every single shop in the entire city, so everything is run under the umbrella corporation Recettear Corp.
- Alternate Universe: The entire cast is composed of characters from different universes, taken completely out of context.
- Almighty Janitor: Sanae Hanekoma and Lelouch vi Britannia. Both are shown in their respective series to be extremely powerful in their own ways, but spend all their time at WildKat Café.
- Ascended Extra: After a brief time as a civilian in Fragment City, Yui Goido fights (and manages to stalemate) Archer, and later becomes the begrudged master of her after Keima was Put on a Bus.
- Badass Bystander: A few names in the civilians list are powerful enough to qualify as this. Two are Servants (Radheya Suryaputra a.k.a. Karna and Tamamo-no-Mae), one is Emperor of Brittania, one is a Chain user, and finally one is a potential god.
- City of Everywhere: The entire setting is made of this trope.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: Fragment City has everything between a medieval-ish Valkyrie to Magical Girl to Servants.
- In-Joke: As to be expected people will bring up the occasional Continuity Nod or Running Gag that may have happened before and are familiar only to longer time followers.
- "Possibly the daughter of a banana" anyone?
- My Death Is Just the Beginning: Assassin takes the opportunity to come back as a Servant the instance the Grail comes to him.
- Original Character: the Grail herself is an one named Eriko Karube who appeared out of nowhere a few months before the war and has since quickly become friends with a large part of the community
- the Civilian list also includes Emi and Arta, two such characters from another RP
- The Plan: there are quite a few of these going on, both by the characters and the players
- Rule of Funny: Essentially everything involving Keima, Astraea, or Subaru.
- A civilian has since commented that the city motto is probably "Where Dreams (and Economic Shenanigans) are Made." due to the wacky hijinks that Recette has made.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!/Put on a Bus: Keima, after transferring his Command Seals to Yui.
- Also the ultimate fate of the whole RP.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Nanoha and takoyaki.