Legends of Lore Bound are a series of tournament roleplays hosted on various forums. The series started with the original roleplay SILIKON, which was followed by The Otherworld Gladiators, Path to Rebirthand then the currently ongoing Evil has Won. All three tournaments share a single multiverse containing an unspecified number of universes from which fighters can be drawn. Characters can from any genre, setting or time imaginable. The results of each fight are determined by the votes of the players involved, until there only one character left standing.
Legends of Lore Bound contains examples of:
- Aborted Arc: This tends to happen a lot to personal stories, due to characters being voted out.
- Anyone Can Die: Really anyone of the contestants or even God's can die and can come completely surprising to everyone even the writers thanks to the voting system
- Atlantis: Exists in the multiverse as just one of many names for Silikon's island.
- Big Bad: Dhy'xhdrygn.
- Contrasting Sequel Main host: all the hosts have varied wildly from game to game.
- first was Silikon, The God of time who is by far the most stoic and narcissistic out of all of them. He called the tournament to pretty much past the time and has little regard for life, forcing people to finish off their opponents. Although he does have a little bit of humanity considering he revived the dead contestants after the tournament was over.
- Cadeyrn is a Psychopathic Manchild with a lot more playful demeanor and an ego about the size of a mountain. although unlike silikon he is shown with a lot more humanity and generally cares about his people.
- The zodiac are by far the nicest of the host (although thats not saying much). Consisting of 12 animals based on the zodiac. Their characteristics varied wildly from egotist using the contestants for their own glory, to actually caring about their contestant.
- Death Is Cheap: The first two tournaments ended with almost everyone being brought back to life and the third tournament is about fighting for second chance at life
- subverted with path to rebirth, except Petra all the other contestants stay dead
- Fantastic Racism: The fae and the goblins of the Otherworld.
- Atlanteans feel this way to everyone else.
- Gladiator Games: The games, especially those in SILIKON, take a large amount of inspiration from these.
- Jerkass Gods: Most the gods have been shown as arrogant jackasses with the exception of the God of Genesis, but even then we didn't see much of him.
- Karma Houdini: If the being has some sort of godlike powers or working with the God most likely going to get away everything theyve done. Even characters like Kurokku, Excrucius and Dhy'xhdrygn at best had their pride broken and plans ruined but would get away unpunished. Subverted with Eilwen, whos given an Ironic Hell
- Make a Wish: Typically the promised reward for the winning fighter.
- The Multiverse: players pretty much use this as a toy box for their ideas.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: Pretty much the entire premise of the RP.