For six millennia, humanity has collectively suffered under various forms of despotism, ranging from slave labour, to feudalism and serfdom as a result of the development of agriculture, given to humanity as the consequence of a wish by Eve. For that six millennia, secret societies around the world have noted the odd disappearances of young females and how linked the various tragedies of history are linked to them. From Cleopatra to Jeanne D'arc, humanity has noticed a pattern in which the course of history has been unnaturally distorted wherever these young women appear. These secret societies, over the course of human history, have deduced the existence of the "Messengers of Magic," that interfere with human development, ultimately merging to form the Illuminati, to resist their influence and free humanity of the chains that the Incubators' actions have put over humanity and to fight back!
Knowing that Kriemhild Gretchen, who was made Just as Planned, is about to consume the Earth, the Illuminati finally start stepping back into the open to seize human history by its throat!
Legend of the Illuminatist Madoka is a Choose Your Own Adventure Play-by-Post Game written by John Smith on Sufficient Velocity that is mix of Raising Sim and conspiracy fiction. Your goal is to raise Madoka Kaname into becoming the 'Ultimate Weapon', the person who will defeat the Incubators once and for all according the prophecy of the Dead Sea Scrolls. There is a story-only thread.
- Alien Space Bats: Itzli is this in that she is responsible for helping to provide Earth with armaments.
- Apocalypse Maiden: The Illuminati in fact set it up for Madoka to become this.
- Ancient Conspiracy: The Illuminati is this. They've been involved in the Roman Civil War all the way to World War II.
- Benevolent Conspiracy: Their methods might be brutal, but their intentions are to free themselves from the Messengers.
- Determinator: The Illuminati as a whole. They've been fighting for 6000 years. Granted they are a group, but still.
- Eats Babies: Jokingly played with a cake in the shape of a baby by Peacock.
- Eldritch Abomination: Naturally, all Witches including Itzli and Kriemhild Gretchen.
- Emperor Scientist: Lady Avalon is one. She is both Chancellor of Germany and an amateur physicist.
- La Résistance: The Illuminati is this against the Incubators.
- The Lost Lenore: Junko is this to Peacock. Lord Boston's main motivation is also this, justifying his never-ending hatred.
- Morally Bankrupt Banker: Junko is suggested to have been one of this.
- One World Order: The Illuminati seeks to make this in order to fight the Incubators.
- The Conspiracy: The Illuminati is somewhere between this and Ancient Tradition.
- The Illuminati: Peacock is part of it.
- The Lost Lenore: Junko is this to Peacock.
- Shout-Out: Gilgamesh is referred to as a "Mongrel", a term frequently used by the version of Gilgamesh from Fate Stay Night.
- We Didn't Start the Führer: Double-subverted. The Illuminati admit that Hitler threw them off guard, but they take credit for Josef Stalin.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: It is passingly said that Peacock poisoned wells in the past to destroy entire villages and it is insinuated that the Illuminati caused WWIII as a way of making Kriemhild Gretchen. Additionally, they murdered the whole Romanov family to prevent just one girl from contracting.
- While Rome Burns: Peacock notably does this when the nukes start flying and Gretchen starts eating the world.
- World War III: What the story is set after.