The League of Intergalactic Cosmic Champions, or LICC for short, was a round-robin, chaotic, zany superhero sci-fi spoof that ran for several years on the discussion boards of Nitcentral.
LICC has examples of the following:
- Alliterative Name: Rocket Ranger, Crimson Crossbow, Tammy Tembar...
- Alternative Calendar: The year 3000 was the Year 0 of the New Calendar.
- Color Character:
- Crimson Crossbow is crimson.
- Robot Redshirt has a red shirt.
- Silver Maiden is silver.
- The Man In Black is a man in black.
- Edible Theme Naming: One of the roleplay's many themed names is food, including such characters as Tacoman, Hamburger Pattie, Taquito Boy, Frangelica, Commander Milkshake, and Soyburger Patricia.
- Embarrassing First Name: Sailor Evil's full name is Griselda Ethylene Evil.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Sailor Evil's full name is Griselda Ethylene Evil.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Counterparts Hamburger Pattie and Soyburger Patricia had the real names of Suzy Wood and Yzus Doow.
- Shout-Out: The Frank Conspiracy is a double Shout-Out to the Dave Conspiracy from Narbonic mixed with a forum running gag about every minor character in Red Dwarf being called Frank.
- Something Person: The Amazing Quantum Man, Tacoman, Comet Lad, The Answer Man, Ubermensch, Jadlad Superguy among others.
- Super Power Lottery: The Queue (omnipotent power when they stand in a straight line), Soyburger Patricia (sorceress nicknamed Dues Ex Patricia after one such incident), and q (a junior member of Star Trek's Q continuum).
- Unobtainium: Plotonium as a generic whatever-the-plot-required supermetal. A building block of the universe that allowed people to have superpowers was Nevesytrof.