Many years after the events of the manga, the world was found in chaos as any and all free spirits went out to sea seeking their fortunes, just like the pirates did, creating a new age of pirates. With this chaos on the rise, the World Government decided that they had no choice but to do one thing: attack the Yonkou and end the illusion of dreams that so many had. This battle ended with the deaths of the Yonkou, but both the Admirals and Shichibukai were heavily injured. The Revolutionaries saw this as their chance, their chance to change the world. They launched a full out offensive, and in the end of that bloody day in which both those involved, and countless innocents lost their lives, only one man remained standing. This man's name was Jun Mamoro, a marine. The revolution had been quashed, and fear was now well ingrained in the hearts of the people of the world, and the government decided that the best way to prevent another incident like this, was to rule the people with an iron fist. Many new people joined the marines, looking to protect the world from another tragedy, and the zealous marines led attack after attack on the pirates, trying to bring back peace. The people were given little choice, and their lives controlled, but they did not mind as this guaranteed the safety not just of them, but of the world and their very ways of life.
Then recently, 5 years after that tragic day, a new batch of pirates have risen up. People who saw the new order as oppression, and countless others who needed to steal to survive, soon a new age of pirating had begun, led by the two new Yonkou. The World Government reacted by enlisting a new group of Shichibukai, and fighting back, but they were unable to stop them this time, at least for now. Only one question remains...on which side will you fight?
Kaizoku Dream is a Play-by-Post roleplaying game based in the world of One Piece with all-new characters and a far wider world, with play possible in all four blues as well as the Grand Line and Calm Belts. The game is generally free-form, with a basic character setup designed to make it easy to compare different characters and simple levelling up rules. The world is full of not only Pirates and Marines, but also Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries, and even Mafia soldiers. Look around and see where you fit in!
The site itself can be found Here
This One Piece Fan Role Play provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Pretty much any playable female or major female NPC.
- Amazon Brigade: The Daughters of Odin
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- Cloudcuckoolander: Snowbird. Most of the Blades Edge Fan Crew probably counts too.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Captain Prisma, user of the Rock Rock Fruit.
- Dynamic Entry: Quizzy's preferred method of asking for information? Find out where all four mafia dons are meeting, bomb it, and ask his questions sometime during or after the ensuing fight.
- Golem: 'Golem Girl' Roberta.
- Enemy Mine: Princess Luna (Revolutionaries) and Admiral Rupert McCoy (Marines). The two are actively at war with each other, and yet they still have time to work out mutual training exercises over lunch.
- Groin Attack: Miles Skylark has used this twice.
- La Résistance: The Revolutionaries, similar to what's in the show.
- Offscreen Teleportation: One of Snowbird's stated abilities, due to having a stupidly high speed stat.
- Only in It for the Money: The Bounty Hunter and Mercenary classes lend themselves to this, although they can have morals involved in picking their jobs as well.
- Princesses Rule: The Revolutionary Princess Luna. Semi-justified in that she abdicated her position almost immediately and just kept the title for personal use.
- Unwanted Harem: The Order of Wind, for Nedox. At least half of the girls are playing it up just to mess with him.
- We ARE Struggling Together: The Revolutionaries, the Mafias, and most of the Pirates are all at least somewhat interested in bringing down the World Government. This would be a threat if they could get over their internal differences, let alone work together as unified factions. The four Mafias in particular are collectively one of the most powerful alliances in the world, except for the part where their leaders tend to not-so-subtly try to kill each other.