A collaborative roleplay ran on AlternateHistory.com, wherein people play various characters from different timelines. Due to being in the Shared Worlds section of the website, it is only accessible to members. As of the writing of this paragraph, it's on its fourth thread, each thread usually being ended around ten thousand posts. Yes, it's that big.
It's also a reboot of the similar ATL Meetup, so don't be surprised if there's a considerable trope overlap between the two.
This series provides examples of:
- Alien Space Bats: Literally. The most prominent specimen are Marx, Discord, Rego, Xaos and the Investor.
- Alternate History: Obviously.
- Band of Brothers: After dealing with everything in Siberia and Holloway, Rogers, Pisani and Murphy have basically become this, to the point of living together.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: The Alien Space Bats, who base their morality on the Rule of Cool.
- Culture Chop Suey: Billy Yankee, a pop star from a yet unnamed timeline where the United States is a weird mix between Ancient Rome and an "America The Beautiful" style of Eagle Land.
- Dimensional Traveler: Some people most notably Janoz, the Doctor, Chell and Alex travel the multiverse using some variety of interdimensional spacetimeship.
- Dirty Communists: The POD for the Siberian Soldiers' universe is Trotsky managing to prevail over Stalin in the Soviet power struggle in the 1920's. Trotsky's ideology of "world revolution" makes Trotsky the main antagonist of their timeline's WWII, known as the Second Great War. It ends with the Soviet Union being partitioned, mainly between the Americans, Nazis, and Japanese.
- Earth Is the Center of the Universe: More accurately, TL-0 is the center of the Multiverse. Heavily debated both IC and OOC.
- Fantastic Nuke: Literally. Thaumonuclear weapons in Blue Sky and Anna's timeline have too little fissile material to cause a nuclear explosion on their own. However, the amount is sufficient to trigger a destruction spell, and typically also spells which prevent neutron spread and lower the fissile material's critical mass.
- Expy: Bound to happen. So far:
- N.G.O. Superpower: The Department for Extraterrestrial and Paranormal Threats and the Council of Anomalous Universes.
- 90% of Your Brain: Izz comes from a universe where the myth is true, and she's the first of her universe to use more than 10%.
- Our Dragons Are Different : The Dovahirrin are a species of anthropomorphic dragons that have four arms, two legs, two pairs of wings, are mammals, and are capable of metamorphosis and magic. There are also a number of species of wyverns around.
- Prison Dimension: Marx is sent to one, which just happens to be the Siberian soldiers' universe.
- Purposely Overpowered: Alex, a rare non-video game example. He was engineered as a Kryptonian-Saiyan hybrid with Time Lord, Jedi and Psyker elements by the Alien Space Bats.
- Stupid Good: Alex, the Wide-Eyed Idealist. Also James, to some extent.
- The Metric System Is Here to Stay: In Blue Sky and Anna's timeline, the United States has been an early adopter of the Metric System, since Joseph Dombey made it without being hijacked by pirates, and so metrification was enacted by Thomas Jefferson. However, the Imperial system lived on in the Soviet Union Peter the Great reformed the Russian customary units to be identical to the English/Imperial ones, not just defined by them, and the OTL metrification the Soviet Union did in 1925 never happened there.
- The Multiverse: The very premise requires the multiverse to exist.
- Unspecified Apocalypse: The Last War of TL-g64. In-universe it's still unknown what precisely started it and how everything occured. What is known is that every single possible bad event happened at the same time.