...seriously, though, High Seas is a pirate-themed Dreamwidth RP Game. Suddenly dropped on the city of Isla Empieza, you're told by a mysterious ghost to start finding treasure! Your goal? Finding and rebuilding the pieces of the Piedra Roja, a mysterious gem that can grant the wishes of anyone who possesses it. However, it's not that easy as no one knows where the pieces are. Even worse, just about anything's ready to come and get you, from island inhabitants to the Navy, who hate pirates with a passion! Do you have what it takes to navigate the seven seas, find the pieces and stay out of trouble? Or is there more to this than meets the eye?
High Seas contains examples of:
- Ascended Meme: It didn't take long at all between Scurvey Dog's introduction and the first time a player accidentally called her Survey Dog, leading to jokes about Scurvey Dog's twin who asks questions instead of answering them. For April Fools' Day 2014, Scurvey Dog became Survey Dog.
- Exact Words: If it have a hooky bit, it be a question. What part of that do ye not understand?
- Funetik Aksent: Scurvey Dog's posts are all written with a heavy "pirate" accent, despite being text-only (the journals can also do voice posts.)
- Gender Misdirection: Scurvey Dog didn't use gendered pronouns with reference to herself for the first three months. When she finally did drop one, it attracted a few "Wait, you're a woman?" comments.
- Holding Back the Phlebotinum: As the pirates go to deal with the Pirate Witch, Miss Margie's store, Backwater Brig, offers up a sale... but has nothing to stop possessions and curses.
- MacGuffin: The Piedra Roja. No one knows what it does, but the player characters have been promised a wish granted if they assemble all the pieces.
- Dismantled MacGuffin: It's broken into many shards.
- Pirate Tropes: Various, used with glee.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Despite being told, repeatedly, that they're pirates whether they like it or not, many of the player characters are planning on doing nicer things.
- Running Gag: Most weeks, Scurvey Dog offers to answer one question for the pirates. Most weeks, someone blows it.
- World Of Adventure: Everywhere outside Isla Empieza.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Scurvey Dog makes her first appearance, gives the weather report and offers to answer ONE question. Pinkie Pie blows it by asking if Candy Mountain existed and pissed off everyone. A little bit later on, Flynn pisses off Scurvey due to his snarking and gets his question privileges revoked for a month.