Gravefall is a roleplay group based on deviantArt and Skype. It is centered on a Post-Apocalyptic former San Francisco, now renamed Argent, and a mysterious group called Gravefall. To join Gravefall, you must die and be reborn, often with cool, powerful, or downright unusual powers, in order to, presumably, fight to protect the city from mysterious forces that assail it from within. Everyone dies. Constantly.
There are Loads and Loads of Characters, as is typical of any deviantArt group.
Gravefall provides examples of;
- Accidental Misnaming: Lucky often calls Eunry by the wrong name, like Eustace.
- Berserk Button: The mere mention of Brook sends Brande into a rage.
- The Chick: Aimée is only girl on her team, as well as the more levelheaded member that tries to keep the peace.
- Colorful Theme Naming: Eunry, as well as sister Cello, are both named after colors.
- Desperately Craves Affection: After living with no contact for so long, Soot is desperate to maintain their friendships and fears being alone.
- Eye Scream: Aimée and Vieno had their eyes gouged out while kidnapped.
- Family of Choice: Soot considers the other people they are closest to their family and would do anything for them.
- Flechette Storm: One of Sybil's attacks consists of constantly throwing a flurry of small blades.
- Green Thumb: Aimée's life creation powers allow her to create plants.
- Hikikomori: Kane rarely leaves his room...ever.
- Immortality Hurts: Characters are not immune to pain, which doesnt help if they die multiple times in succession.
- Mind Wipe: Memories of Gravefall and all the people Aradia met after her death were wiped clean.
- Missing Mom: Kane's mother died when he was very young.
- Nice Shoes: Booker and Emil have decided that Nova has the coolest shoes in Gravefall.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Eunry trying to energize the Hotel Wire-girl back to life is promptly rewarded with a whopping twenty deaths.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Soot is, well, known only as Soot, and hasn't disclosed their real name.
- People Puppets: As a frail old lady, Alice finds that using other people as her weapons with nanobots is far more preferable.
- Resignations Not Accepted: Once you join Gravefall, you work or you die.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Eunry is a dumbass who acts like smartass, where Cello is a genuine genius who acts like a dumbass.
- Stronger Sibling: August is considerably more capable than his brother.
- The Social Darwinist: Claire enforces "survival of the fittest" with an iron fist, some memory wipes, some tailored personalities— you know; the usual.
- Suicide Attack: Last Words cause the character's own death immediately after their use.
- Trauma Button: Soot doesn't cope well with broken glass or loud noises due to their death.
- Willfully Weak: Augustll purposefully lower himself down to others levels to keep the balance of power fair.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Gravefallen are obligated to leave their former lives behind and can't go back.
- You Cannot Grasp the True Form: Enoch's appearance cannot be wholly perceived by the characters.