Started in July 2012, Go Through the Alphabet Before Someone Posts a My Little Pony Picture quickly became a popular hangout for both Bronies and Non-bronies alike.
The point of the game is simple, to the point of being Exactly What It Says on the Tin. The players have to try and reach Z. They have to reset and start at A whenever someone posts a My Little Pony picture. Over time the regulars have put a number of unofficial rules in place to keep the game from becoming too easy or devolving into a spamfest.
Shortly afterwards some of the regulars started using the thread for their ongoing Roleplay. It's unknown exactly when the RP started, but legend says that it used to run over several other threads before coming to it's current home. It's first appearance in this thread can found over here
It was the most replied active topic in the Minecraft Forums Forum Games section and the second most viewed.
Due to one of the member's posting habits the Minecraft Forum thread has been locked. It can still be viewed but no one can post on it. However, the Thread has been moved to a new forum. TheTrueMultiverse is the new home for the main thread as well as the accompanying roleplay.
There is also an IRC channel but it has unfortunately gone unused. #MLPAlphabetRP
Characters:The thread has had more than it's share of characters. Most of them are listed below.
Player Characters:These are the characters that the authors mainly control.
Character | Author
- Regon | ValkonX11
- Andire | ValkonX11
- Xzen | ValkonX11
- Zelek | ValkonX11
- Chitin | ValkonX11
- Solaris | ValkonX11
- Mr. Foster | Thelonelycreeper 2
- Blast the Hedgehog | BlastH
- Sollace | Minecrafter_awrnote
- Eve | Minecrafter_awr
- Duck De Steelhorn | Duck 55223
- Duck | Duck 55223
- David | Duck 55223
- Shadowfire | Duck 55223
- Gabriel | Duck 55223
- ERRORBOT | FireHazard128
- Manta | Mantacruise
- Overlord Mata Muram | Mantacruise
- Super | SuperSupermario24
- Firebolt | SuperSupermario24
Non-player Characters (NPCs):These characters are either neutral or good, and are not always being controlled. They may only be mentioned, and not actually seen. Note that some characters are listed several times. This is because they are separate characters.
- Pinkamena Diane Pie | BlastH
- Pinkamena Diane Pie | FireHazard128
- Pinkamena Diane Pienote | Mantacruisenote
- Pinkamena Diane Pie | Minecrafter_awrnote
- Apple Bloom | Minecrafter_awr
- Wob Niar | none
- Rainbow Dash | none
- Pinkie Pie | none
- Vinyl Scratch | Minecrafter_awr
- Lyra Heartstrings | Minecrafter_awr
- Berry Punch | Minecrafter_awr
- Regon's Moustache | multiple users
- Moustache/Hair Andire | Minecrafter_awr
- Members of the Duck cult | Mantacruise
- Crazy Wizard | Mantacruise
- Alicorn Cutie Mark Crusaders | none
- Future Cutie Mark Crusaders | Mantacruise
- Demonic Cutie Mark Crusaders | Mantacruise
- Paul the Creeper | Thelonelycreeper 2
- Velvet Remedy | BlastH
- Littlepip | BlastH
Enemy Characters:These characters are all evil. Their only purpose in existance is to pose a challenge to or fight the players characters. Apart from this, they share the rest of their characteristics with NPC Characters.
- Bowrang Dash (Rainbow Factory) | Minecrafter_awr
- Cheerilee (Cheerilee's Garden) | BlastH
- Big Mac (Sweet Apple Massacre | Minecrafter_awr
- Pinkie Pie (Cupcakes) | none
- Pinkamena Diane Pienote | Minecrafter_awr
- Dark Mantacruise | Mantacruise
- Urgash | Minecrafter_awr
ArcsThe RP has gone through a number of different story arcs, as well as a number of smaller side arcs. The story arcs usually involve a large goal or enemy the main characters band together to accomplish or defeat. The side arcs usually involve NPC characters interacting with each other. Below can be found a list of recent arcs in the order of occurrence.
- The Fourth Wall ArcThe fourth wall shattered causing the universe to become so broken that players from the RP entered our world and started narrating alongside the authors.
- The Duck Clones ArcTo get rid of Duck, seven different clones had to be taken care of first, all in separate Duckverses. This arc ended without Duck being destroyed, unfortunately.
- The Fanfic ArcAfter burning a number of fanfics a new universe, based on all fanfics, came into existence. Of course we had to go destroy the characters from the worst ones.
- The Urgash Arc (In Progress?note )Urgash, a terrifying demon of pure chaos, attacks Equestria and the players have to band together with the help of the mane six to defeat him.
- The Spike Side-arcnote This arc occurs in parallel with the Urgash Arc. After being attacked by Cheerilee and Fluttershy, Velvet Remedy and Pinkamena seek shelter in Twilight's Castle with some assistance from Spike.
- The JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING Mini-arcFollowing the defeat of Urgash, the RP switched to a small "joke" where the writers threw the rule book out the window and conducted the worst RP they could imagine.
- Nightmare Rarity ArcOne of the writers felt it fitting to summon Rarity for snuggles. However Rarity turned out to be an Axtra-dimensional Magical Vampire with powers similar to Nightmare Moon (Hence the name of this arc) and the ritual for summoning her invariable ends in her consuming the one she snuggles with and leaving to take over all of Equestria. During this arc the writers are attempting to stop her.
- The Pink Cloud/Xzen ArcThis arc begins with Blast barely escaping a Pink Cloud bomb he detonated in the Suggestive-verse, thanks to Andire. However, the cloud unexpectedly melts its way Andire's vault with the two barely escaping in time. Meanwhile, Xzen appears and randomly attack.
- Mysterious Space Battleship Side-Arcnote Taking place after the Urgash Arc, the arc starts out with David (One of Duck's Characters) getting into an argument with Regon and Foster, wherein Foster vowed that he would shoot David in the crotch with a rocket launcher and then collect the spinal cords of all David's allies to make a noose for hanging David. Foster begins looking across the multiverse for the Lance Empire, which David was a member of, with no luck. That is until Blast points out a space battleship that Foster somehow missed despite searching nearly everywhere. Foster sets his multiversal travel machine to land him in or on it, and went in. However, he found no trace of a crew, and the security systems were de-activated. A person from the Lance Empire shows up and informs Foster that the ship has an AI yet seemingly has no security systems among other systems, as if it had left the factory before being complete. He also informed Foster that the ship hasn't been produced for 1000+ years. He continued searching on until the lights all went out, afterwards he searched for a while before giving up, stating he'd go back to it later.
Note: These lists are incomplete and some information may be missing or incorrect.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Blast.
- The ponies sometimes wear clothes as well.
- Adult Fear: The Fanfic Arc is about the main heroes destroying a number of fanfics. These include Rainbow Factory, Cupcakes, Cheerilee's Garden and Sweet Apple Massacre.
- Arson, Murder, and JaywalkingBlast The Hedgehog: Vote for Sweetie Belle or you will be tortured, banned and you don't get any dessert for two weeks.
- Ascended Extra: The Roleplay itself. The original game was largely put to the side in favour of the story. See Demoted to Extra below.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The monster that destroys Canterlot and the Crystal Empire.
- Ax-Crazy: Bowrang Dash. Blast takes great pleasure in putting her in her place.
- Though not shown as much, or in Pinkie's case at all, Pinkie Pie, Big Mac and Cheerilee all count as well.
- Back from the Dead: Velvet Remedy. She was killed by Murdershy, before later being revived by Blast.
- Badass Normal: Foster could be considered one, considering he's only a human and he hangs around god-like beings every day. However, he does use robotic bodies to survive hanging out with them so it may not count as this trope as much because of it.
- Beam-O-War: Omega Blast and Urgash have one.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Blast can be quite pleasant. He's also obliterated Cheerilee and Lavos.
Hyper Blast: "So, how's it feel. After all you've done, how does it feel to finally lose?"
- And let's not forget the way he dealt with Bowrang.
- Foster is usually a fairly friendly guy, one time even trying to talk an enemy out of attacking the group as well as the rest of Equestria. He also tends to violently attack Treeco (Mainly because Treeco can not actually die and so is a good anger outlet for him.), slaughtered an entire Equestria filled with black and red alicorn oc's Ponyville and Canterlot leaving no survivors, slaughtered a large percentage of 4Chan, killed his way out of a bandit arena in his own universe leaving the survivors afraid and to die to the incredibly dangerous and carnivorous wildlife, and he's also hung out with Khorne whom he personally collects skulls for sometimes.
- BFS: Andire's Aerosteel Omniblade can technically be one if he changes it to be as such.
- Foster's dragon tail Tachi technically counts as one, lengthwise only though.
- Because Blast's sword forms out of chaos energy, it can technically be any size.
- Body Horror: Mantacruise has seen things.Mantacruise: I once saw something that had 2 mouths, 1 throat, 3 stomachs and 4 heads.
- Foster's universe has a type of parasitic worm creature that creates this by burrowing into the brain of it's victim. It's family then moves into the host's stomach.
- Applespider. That is all.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Done very often. In fact, one of the major plot points in the RP was that at one point the fourth wall was broken to the point that rifts were opening up in every universe to a much greater extent than normal and characters were co-narrating alongside the authors. Of course this led to crazy things happening, and also the introduction of many recurring characters in the RP.
- Brought Down to Normal: Averted. It seems to be the case for Blast at first, when he is body swapped with Seiko, but he quickly points out that his chaos powers can be used by anyone if they have access to the energy and knows how to use them.
- Calling Your Attacks: Blast does this. So did Urgash.
- Chainsaw Good: All Pinkamenas, with the exception of BlastH!Pinkamena, love using chainsaws.
- Cool Sword: Andire has a sword made out of Aerosteel. It can transform into basically any form of blade.
- Foster also has one made out of a dragon's tail. It's not been used very much but it's extremely sharp.
- Blast can form a sword out of chaos energy.
- Manta has dual swords made of fire, steal souls of victims, and are nigh unbreakable.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Apparently Blast can fire off an attack with enough energy to threaten all of space-time.
- Death of a Child: During the attack on the Rainbow Factory.
- Demoted to Extra: The game the thread was created for. Infact it was demoted so much that posters sometimes forget to count. See Ascended Extra above.
- Deus ex Machina: Used fairly often in this thread.
- Do-Anything Robot: ERRORBOT.
- Dressed to Kill: Foster.
- Evil Counterpart: Inverted. Paul the Creeper is a non-hostile creeper who came into Foster's universe through one of the Fourth Wall Arc's multiple universal rifts. He somehow understood Foster and decided to stay in his universe. He's now his Monster Roommate of sorts.
- Dark Mantacruise is one to Mantacruise.
- Eye Scream: Seiko!Blast has one when Sachiko stab one of his eyes. He quickly lampshades how he's still alive when it should have hit his brain too, before his Healing Factor kicks in.
- Funny Background Event: A massive battle is happening for the fate of Equestria. What does Blast do? Buy himself a house.
- Gas Mask, Longcoat: Foster wears a Russian GP-5 Gas Mask. His suit is actually a business suit though.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Due to the fact it's a forum topic, there are points where an author decides to suddenly be good/bad.
- I'm Standing Right Here: Between Mantacruise and Blast.Mantacruise: So...I guess Blast left you to me.Blast: You know I'm still right here.
- Interspecies Friendship: Considering that this takes place in the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic universe, and that all of the main characters are OC's, this was inevitable.
- Irony: Just after travelling to the Fanficverse, Blast states that he's going to look forward to killing all of the Pinkamenas there. Then he finds a Pinkamena he knows.
- Duck gets killed by flaming shipping fanfics. Shaped like crowbars.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Blast's coincidentally named Chaos Blast.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Technically it's a Tachi, but Foster made one out of a dragon's tail.
- Laser Blade: Blast can form one out of chaos energy.
- Life Energy: The Chaos Force that Blast uses.
- Living Macguffin: Mantacruise!Pinkamena is temporarily turned into one by the Crazy Wizard. Blast turns her back to normal.
- Magitek: Adrican technology sometimes comes into this territory, and as such so does the Empire of Humanity's technology as it was based upon Adrican technology.
- Andire upgraded Foster's rifle and shotgun, giving them both the feature of using the spent casings and shells to make mana which coats the next shots, effectively making them guns that can do some form of damage against the crazy enemies that the group tend to fight.
- Makes Just as Much Sense in Context: A lot of the things that happen in the thread use this.
- Metaphysical Fuel: The Chaos Force that Blast uses.
- The Multiverse: The whole RP is based on the existence of the multiverse. It even has Guardians of the Multiverse which are the creators of the multiverse as well.
- Mutants: In Foster's universe, radioactivity causes mutations among animals. Humans however, don't react well when mixed with radiation. Animals tend to stay normal looking but become over-sized and tend to gain strange additions to them. Such as birds gaining a tail that allows them to stab creatures easily, spiders getting extreme amounts of strength, and so on.
- No Fourth Wall: It's a forum roleplay, what did you expect? In fact at one point the fourth wall was broken to such an extent that dimensional rifts were caused and things started leaking out into the real world.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Blast when he finally catches and defeats Bowrang Dash. You almost feel sorry for her.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Blast does this to Bowrang Dash.
Foster: "Oh man her head exploded like a freaking watermelon that was rad."
- Foster also went to a Cupcakes Universe and shot the Pinkamena there in the head with a shotgun after trying to sell him cupcakes made out of pegasi.
- Physical God: Xzen, Eve, Duck and Overlord Mata Muram all count.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner:Omega Blast: Heh. Try me.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!:Blast: STOP. RIGHT. THERE.
- Radiation-Immune Mutants: Averted. In Foster's universe, while mutations don't do as much to animals as they would in real life, mutants can still die from radiation poisoning.
- Ragebreaking Point: One time Foster was buried under a pile of shipping pictures. He then proceeded to go to his armory, grab a flamethrower and burn the pile of shipping pictures with it.Foster: "BURN, BURN, BURNNNN!"
- "Reason You Suck" Speech: Blast delivers one to Bowrang.
- Recurring Extra: Nametooshort is basically this considering he doesn't particularly take part in the RP itself, but tends to ask why Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies doesn't happen.
- Reference Overdose: The so called 'News Feed' on Blast's forum could be considered this.
- Reset Button: Often pushed when the Authors get bored of the current story or the story degrades to the state that no one can follow it any more.
- Robot Me: Foster has one, which he controls and uses when he wants to leave his base or to go to another universe.
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies: While it never actually happens, Nametooshort is always hoping that this happens. Naming it word for word most of the time.
- He also tried Diabetes.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Foster (And the poster controlling him.) quit doing anything that involved the rest of the characters because he deemed them to get into too stupid of situations.Foster: "Screw this, I don't even care what's going on anymore. You people get into the craziest predicaments I swear. *Starts walking off to the kitchen* Maybe there's some doritos in here somewhere."
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Foster has a shotgun that he uses sometimes. It's based off of the Kel-Tec KSG.
- Though it's not shown, Velvet Remedy has a Combat Shotgun.
- Skull for a Head: Played with with Zelek. He has a skull mask, but behind that is empty.
- Sniper Rifle: Foster also has a sniper rifle. It's used around the same amount as his other weapons, and is based off the Barrett M95.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: Every time a Duckverse is destroyed by Muram, sad music plays in the background that he can hear. Considering who Duck is, this is definitely not a sad thing.
- Spiteful Spit: Blast does this to Urgash after he tries a We Can Rule Together.
- Super Form: Blast has 4. Super, Hyper, Omega and Dark Super.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Mr. Foster (As well as the poster who controls him.) thinks of this whenever he sees what usually happens around him.
- Taken for Granite: Temporarily happens to Blast when the CMC use the Elements of harmony on him. He quickly breaks free.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: There was at one point a temporary takeover of the topic by Pinkamena's.
- In the Fourth Wall Arc of the thread there were many universal tears because the fourth wall got broken. This included tears that opened in the real world as well.
- The Scottish Trope: The forums censor renames Tiarawhy to 'the one who shall not be named'.
- We Can Rule Together: Urgash attempts to pull this on Blast.
- Zerg Rush: Early into the Fanfic Arc Andire is swarmed by Pinkamenas trying to hug him.
W... X... Y...*pony picture* *sigh* A... B...