Fragile Tension is a Play By Post panfandom forum within which any character can appear. Any character. From the locales of Final Fantasy to the range of characters as diverse as Homestuck and even OFF, there's a little bit of everything for everyone.
The plot is triggered by a mysterious "Game Master" a figure swathed in shadow who passes out mysterious keys to characters, allowing them to travel into different worlds as all part of this mysterious game. As characters leap for the chance to solve, create or escape their problems, they soon find that this game may be more than what it seems...
Fragile Tension contains examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender: The already mysterious Game Master is exclusively described with gender-neutral pronouns, heightening the mystery surrounding them.
- Similarly, Master Grasshopper uses "zie" pronouns, though this may have less to do with mystery than zir actual gender identity.
- Apocalypse How: Hollow Sky, the latest story event, ended up destroying the world of Persona, scattering its characters and leaking several of its elements to other worlds, such as Shadows and other such monsters.
- Alternate Universe: The site has an AU board wherein roleplayers are free to RP any scenario they want, free from canon.
- Bag of Spilling: Entering the game has a nerfing effect on once-powerful players. They can regain their lost power over time, though.
- Big Bad: The Game Master
- Casual Time Travel: While it has yet to be explored extensively, the keys allow players to traverse time as well as space.
- Dimensional Traveler: The premise.
- Driving Question: The identity and motives of the Game Master could be seen as one.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Or so Kai believes.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Given the amount of players from Standard Fantasy Settings and the more modern or high-tech worlds out there, this is basically inevitable.
- Involuntary Battle to the Death: The Alternate Universe Misery Cup.
- Only Sane People: Anyone who isn't a Pungeon Master.
- Pungeon Master: Every goddamn person in the site. Save for the sane ones.