When the Fifth Grail War of Fuyuki City goes horribly wrong, the entire city is consumed by Angra Mainyu. Still adamant on their plans to regain the Third Magic, the Einzbern family decides to find a new place to set up operations.
Seventeen years of searching later, they decide to go with the City of Lucca: the best spiritual land in Italy, managed by a family of Manipulative Bastard Chess Master mafia don magi known as the Mezzanotte. After some serious politicking, and the Church's reluctant agreement, the Einzberns finally get to use the land for the next war in six years' time, and the trouble starts all over again.
The RP spent eight months in Development Hell, but finally managed to get out of that once Rin took charge of the issues and cleared them up. There were allowances for Nasuverse canon characters, and canon Servants in particular weren't a problem, but for the most part, Original Characters were preferred.
Incidentally, during those eight months, the chat-box developed into its own parallel universe with a relatively well-documented (if random) plotline. That story is primarily set in the "Tiger Dojo, Lucca Branch".
It should be noted that Fate/Nuovo Guerra's community revolved around its Chatbox, formerly here. Any questions and most discussions were had there.
The site was formerly found here but is now defunct; the RP itself seems to have petered out sometime in 2014/2015.
This Forum RPG contains the following tropes:
- Alternate Universe - The original background story was something about Caster winning the Fifth War, which caused the aforementioned destruction of Fuyuki City.
- Due to the most recent Character Material release pinpointing the date of the Third War to 1939, which, through extrapolation makes the forum's timeline five years too early, it has been decided that the forum's Alternate Universe is also now set in a time where everything happened five years earlier. Not that this would be much of a problem even if they tried to fit it into canon, anyway. After all, the Nasuverse is full of these things.
- Anyone Can Die
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy - The list of generic spells says that Archimedes was a magus, and the legend about him using mirrors to burn a Roman fleet was actually a heat beam spell that he created.
- And someone expanded on that backstory. Archimedes is now a Caster in Lucca Secundus.
- Character Blog - The Lucca Grail War Chronicle is basically Ilya in her Tiger Dojo persona ranting about the latest activity on the RP.
- Catchphrase - Ilya can't decide on one, but is presently content with the Narmy "Eyes on the Grail!"
- Chivalric Romance - There are a bunch of Servants from Arthurian romances, the Matter of France and even Orlando Furioso.
- Church Militant - Burial Agents, regular Executors, and Knights, are all deployed to Lucca to supervise the war.
- Crossover - Ciel is one of three Burial Agents assigned by the Church to supervise the war, Aozaki Touko is a Master, and Caster from Fate/EXTRA is a PC.
- Curse - Anyone who tries to make Arjuna or Dracula is destined to fail. Always. Usually via their computer suddenly asploding.
- Finally subverted in Secundus, where both characters existed and were (so far, at least) active.
- Dead Fic
- Gender Bender - Fondly referred to as "Arturia Syndrome", thanks to, well, Saber. Incidentally, two Servants have already received this treatment.
- Other members have decided to parody this by turning some Servants into hermaphrodites.
- Taken to extremes with the Greek and Trojan heroes in Secundus, to the point where one of the mods openly wondered if Ajax was the only male to fight at Troy. It would seem that he, Diomedes and Odysseus were the only ones, since Paris, Hector, Achilles and Aeneas were apparently all women.
- Gratuitous Italian - The title, which translates as "Fate/New War"note , and Italian characters.
- Homer - Achilles, Odysseus and many others (such as "Hektia" and Ajax) were summoned for the war.
- Kill 'Em All - The fate of everybody from Fuyuki City.
- Mooks - "Grail monsters", introduced so that characters can fight and show off without getting Killed Off for Real.
- No Communities Were Harmed - Inverted. The city is called Lucca, yes, it's in Tuscany, and yes, some RPers even use climate charts from the real place. But barring some similar locations and place names, the setting is a largely fictionalized version of Lucca.
- Noodle Incident - Nobody really talks about what happened in Fuyuki City, aside from "it was completely destroyed in the Fifth War/is now a giant crater/etc".
- There Can Be Only One
- 20 Minutes into the Future - The RP is set in February 2027.
- The Wiki Rule - Holy Grail Wiki
The Community Chatbox has these tropes:
- Forced Meme - The memetic badassery of Caveman. He was the first caster because he invented fire.
- Naturally he had to invent inventing before he could invent fire.
- and before he invented fire he invented caveman to give himself shape.
- After he invented fire, he invented time travel in a cave full of scraps to go back in time to invent god.
- After inventing god to create existence and the universe, he invented Spiral power so that the universe would be able to comprehend him.
- Only Known by Their Nickname - Sort of. Isaak is just called "Hat Man/Hats/Hatter/some derivative of his hat", even though everyone knows his name.
Lastly, the Chatbox RP has these:
- Affably Evil/AI Is A Crap Shoot - The Tiger Dojo's security system is HAL 9000. Yes, that HAL 9000.
- Angra Black Mainyu - That black and red Bed Sheet Ghost-like Avenger avatar from Heaven's Feel acts like one.
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy - HAL 9000 is a 9000-year-old Dead Apostle Ancestor AI who played the character in 2001.
- Improbable Weapon User - Under an alternate Ilya's control, Lancelot gets even more improbable. His favorite (well, Ilya's, technically) tactic is to turn Teddy Bears into Broken Phantasms.
- Inexplicably Identical Individuals - Any secretary, receptionist, personal assistant, or menial office NPC, invariably looks like Hayate Yagami in blue uniform. Even the UN Secretary General is one of them, only wearing a different outfit.
- No Sense of Direction - Gawain. Just... Gawain. It was actually flanderized into this after an incident where he got lost in Disneyland while searching for his missing Master. That would've been fully understandable, though.
- O.C. Stand-in - Altrouge, her two bodyguards, her dog, and pretty much everybody on the list of 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors has been turned into one of these. The question marks were simply filled in by Original Characters.
- Which Me? - As if to make up for the dead Rin in the RP canon, she has been replaced in the chatbox by five parallel universe copies. Unlike in the trope itself, they refer to each other by nicknames, such as "Sailorin" (enlisted in the Royal Navy), "Walrin" (obsessed with walnuts), "Yanderin", "Eyewearin", etc. Note that these five are only the survivors of a much larger group of Rins, who were all killed in various ways.