The story goes that in the mid 21st century, the world enters a cold war due to planetary resources having been depleted. During this time, a new religion entered the scene and began converting new followers, who began to hide in underground cities. When the United States launched their first colonization ship, the rest of the world mistook it as military ordnance and started launching every nuke they had.
After the End the world was a wasteland, leaving behind only the people who had the foresight to take shelter. Chronologically the stories are as follows.
- Warsaw the 42nd
- Unsung Heroes of Kilo Site
- Unsung Heroes of Tango Site
- The Black Rose War
- Minuteman's Song
- The 5100
The Eldari Saga, as a whole, contains examples of:
- AI Is A Crap Shoot
- Child Soldiers: Mike and Tango have Shock Troopers, C51 has the Bravo Channel, and all Eldari Sites have the Expendable Caste.
- Elaborate Underground Base: Eldari Cities are almost guaranteed to be this.
- Fantastic Caste System: The Eldari Religion. Expendables are the lowest caste, Citizens/Enlisted are the blue collar workers/military grunts, Streya/Officers are white collar/military brass, and Comrades are the city-state officials. There's also the Kossacks, a religious group that hides the truth of the real religion from everyone else.
- Five-Man Band
- Mysterious Past: Kerrigan. Nothing is known of her past by anyone, and even her last name is a mystery.
- Robotic Assembly Lines: Implied for the 'Bug Nests,' which are AI controlled robotic facilities.
- Super Soldier: any of the Recon Scouts from City 51, or the wackos out of The Fourth Clan
- The Singularity
- The Wiki Rule
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Shock Troopers again.
- We Have Reserves: Most Eldari Sites attitudes when deploying a team of X Ps.
- Artificial Human: The Clone "Slaves" used by the Con Fed
- Disappeared Dad / Missing Mom: 'Scrounge' is the last known survivor of Lima Site, and has been alone since pubescence. A number of other characters also tend to have one of these tropes associated with them.