Dungeon Life Quest is a finished Quest Thread from 4chan's /tg/ board(and later /qst/ due to mods) by Vox. In this story the players took on the role of Brianna la Croix, banished to the Dungeon for saving a man's life with necromancy. After dying shortly upon entering the place, Brianna learns she has been picked out by an angel of the Death Choir to liberate the Dungeon and the angel from the people who have enslaved both.
The full story is available to read on suptg.
Tropes appearing in this Archive Binge include:
- Adventure-Friendly World: The Dungeon is a labyrinthine maze with seemingly no end to it.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Necromancy is a job that isn't inherently evil (although that doesn't stop it from being a crime in some countries).
- The Exile: Our heroine, Brianna la Croix, is sentenced to the Dungeon either until she dies or she finds the crown jewels.
- Gamebooks: Vox may have written the story, but the anons of 4chan definitely told him where to go.
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: Played With. Technically there's no time travel here, but when Brianna dies early on she finds herself back at the same place the story began — Except it's one day later and nobody remembers that she had already entered the Dungeon.
- Life/Death Juxtaposition: In this world, Healing and Necromancy are related fields. At one point, a Healer approaches Brianna and asks for her help using her necromancy powers.
- Necromancer: Brianna la Croix takes this as her profession.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: It's established right away that Brianna used necromancy to bring a military officer back from death. This would be great, except for the fact that the land she was in at the time has a death sentence for necromancy.
- Second-Person Narration: You find that this story was crafted as a series of multiple-choice 4chan threads.