Dragon Quest: Angels Of A Sleeping World, also known as Dragon Quest RP - Angels Of A Sleeping World and simply Angels Of A Sleeping World is a 2015 Dragon Quest Play-By-Post Game roleplay that utilizes Attorney Online as a platform. It stars several crossover characters from Touhou, Danganronpa, Ace Attorney, Shin Megami Tensei, and even The World Ends with You and Corpse Party, and some Original Characters whose sprites and designs were hand crafted by the players themselves. Furthermore, it uses a turn-based combat system.
Unmarked spoilers abound!
The roleplay contains examples of:
- Arranged Marriage: Part of Asaka's 'motivation' for killing Mary Shikashi, as Shikashi was the one who gave her father this idea.
- Big Bad: Carmine is firmly established as this, killing people left and right without batting an eye, especially after the Somina Takeover.
- Big Damn Heroes: Sho deflects a dagger aimed at Asaka with a sword.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Anna in the pre-timeskip Monastery murder mystery. Justified when you realize she had her own reasons against a certain other member of the Monastery.
- Alita had her cases too.
- Bodyguard Crush: Downplayed. Word of God confirmed that Asaka admires Sho to some platonic extent because he protects her.
- Catchphrase: Marisa's "ze", as portrayed in Touhou.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Shiki. He is very reluctant to harm females... and also stole the Queen's panties back in Feminel.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Frederick. He slaps the queen of Feminel and then tames a sea god.
- Dimensional Traveler: All the characters in the roleplay basically travel around different worlds at any given time. However, sometimes it is limited and sometimes people randomly travel as a result.
- Lady Land: Feminel.
- Magnificent Bastard: Morishige and Atarashi.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: The Siren custom class. This gives birth to the 160 Decibel meme.
- Medieval Stasis: Well, you can't expect anything to change in two months, but you know it's justified when the world they live in is all a simulation, so they are literally trapped without any technological advance.
- Protected by a Child: Morishige and Atarashi to a lesser extent, both having child companions with them. Shiki also fits this bill with his own Miracle-Gro Monster
- Protectorate: The Children of Fate as a whole. Who's their guardian? Each other.
- Asaka to Sho, who claims he is her Guardian Angel. (He's not actually an angel, though.)
- Shapeshifter Mode Lock: Yume.
- Superpower Lottery: Carmine. He single-handedly caused a demon takeover in dream-world Somina and also kills the king and forces the princess to make him and his focus the rulers of Somina, all at level 1.
- Taken for Granite: Monastery focus during the two-month timeskip.
- Also in the fairy world where Fairy Princess Lea was turned to ice.
- The Chosen One: Eiki Yamaxanadu, played by Slind, just happens to have a title of "The Holy One", and yes, this title is Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Tsundere: Tomoe.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Word of God says Asaka◊ is this.