A forum role play on Sufficient Velocity created/GM'd by Flex Nard and co-GM'd by Veek and drexal15. The plot is as follows:
500 years have passed since you last saw your favorite Z-Fighters. In this time the world has changed much. As the years ticked away the Saiyan bloodline continued to mix with that of humans. The result was more and more Saiyan-human hybrid births each year until for many hundreds of years Saiyans became almost as common as humans. Wars between human supremacists and Saiyan-hybrids resulted.
Ten years ago a new alien Warlord known as Glacion came into power. Word of his merciless destruction and power began to be told across the universe. Glacion was said to be of the same bloodline as Frieza, and claims to be the most powerful member of his race ever born, saying that his power is ten times that of Frieza. Glacion and his growing empire began to destroy world after world as they slowly made their way towards their most prized destination: The Milky Way
Once in our galaxy Glacion observed Earth for a full year in secret, using his own techniques to cloak his power signature from the Saiyans on Earth and other powerful beings in the region. Glacion then decided that to conquer Earth and succeed where Frieza had failed he would have to wipe these Saiyans out somehow.
A plan was devised. A massive Grand Tournament announced to be held on Namek where the strongest beings of the universe would gather to battle for glory. Of course, every powerful Saiyan on Earth heard of the Grand Tournament and when the time came for the tournament to be held they found their way to Namek, along with powerful beings of many different alien races from around the universe. The trap was set.
Using his power, Glacion revealed his power signature at last. Not before lifting a finger and blowing the planet Namek into dust, effectively wiping out nearly the entire Saiyan and Namek race.
That was five months ago. There are still Saiyans and Namekians alive, that missed the tournament for various reasons; warriors that will now be forced to come together and stand against Glacion and his empire. Glacion has heard word of the power of the Dragon Balls, something unique to Earth and Namek, his plan is to seek them and use their power to grant wishes to become even more powerful and make his wildest dreams come true. Now these newly forged Z-Fighters incarnate will have to find them first.
It can be found here
Dragon Ball Chronicles contain examples of:
- 0% Approval Rating: Nearly everyone under Glacion wants to overthrow him, and everyone else want to kill him.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Lungshaohan as a Student of the New Crane School. Zed is also a monk, though it of an undetermined school.
- Big Bad: Glacion, Emperor of the Planet Trade Organization.
- Competitive Balance: Word of God is that someone used the Dragon Balls to Nerf the Saiyans and make humans less useless
- Enlightenment Superpowers: Lungshaohan believes that the determination he had to defeat his foe resonated throughout his very being, granting him a moment of perfect Wu-Wei, allowing him to achieve a type of Daoist Enlightenment. He believes that this is how he unlocked his Super Form, which he calls his Bodhisattva Form. Of course the reality is less complex than that.
- Fantastic Fighting Style: The New Crane School that Lungshaohan belongs to, and the New Turtle School that Sheena belongs to are entire schools of this. Both are evolutions of the Crane and Turtle Schools of Dragonball.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Maze used a mook's severed leg to beat another one up.
- Killer Robot: Android players can be this.
- MacGuffin: The Dragon Balls. But then again, wasn't finding them the entire point of the original series?
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Zant, full stop.
- Mook: The PTO soldiers are so useless that players are allowed to casually OneHitKill groups of them most of the time.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: Dr. Zant was using the brains of people he kidnapped to serve as the unwilling processors in his second wave of robots.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Not quite Growth, but when Lungshaohan unlocked a super form for Humans, his normally neat Chinese Queue came undone and his hair went all wild. Super Saiyan 3 for Saiyan Characters also has this, though none have reached it yet.
- Putting the Band Back Together: Laura is trying to bring the original Z-Fighters' descendants and some others together to form the new Z-Fighters.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: All of Glacion's invasion waves consist of these.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: One of the available flavors for android players.
- Sorting Algorithm of Evil: Despite being evil enough to destroy Namek and every powerful fighters on it, Glacion's still nice enough to do this with his waves.
- Third Eye: Lungshaohan. Being a descendant of Tienshinhan, it was sort of a foregone conclusion.
- Training from Hell: All the combat characters went through this weekly for maximum skill point gain.
- Transformation Is a Free Action: When Lungshaohan unlocked a super form for humans. it was almost instantaneous, one second he and his opponent had plowed into the ground after a flying bodyslam, the next he was up and transformed. His opponent didn't even see it coming. Presumably all super forms will work like this.