Your life is gone; it has reached a sudden end. You might have left some unfinished business, but you will never see these regrets fulfilled. Its over for you. Yet, in the darkness of death, youre asked the question: do you desire a second chance? Would you fight to live again? Would you take back your life?
You and nine others have been given a chance. A chance to gain back what you lost. A chance to fight, a chance to reach out to the top and to find the light of life.
- To live once more.Welcome to the Death Revue.
Death Revue is a closed Tumblr and Discord-based roleplay group, featuring an original storyline inspired by several anime and video game titles. In this roleplay, characters will find themselves in the afterlife as part of Sakurauchi Academys special White Class, where they are given a chance to fight for a second chance at life. This roleplay, however, is not a murder mystery. This chance at life comes in the form of winning duels against each other until one remains.
Live or die again. Make your choice.
Death Revue demonstrates these examples of tropes:
- A Student Body Divided
- Anyone Can Die: And in fact, they all did to get here. Played straight again in that only one of them will remain by the end to be revived, and we know not who they may be at this point in time.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Seems like a couple of the students didn't quite go into the long night gently.
- Deadly Game: Considering they have to fight each other for the right to be revived? Yeah.
- Developing Doomed Characters: That's most of the cast. Good luck figuring out which ones they are before they die all over again and disappear.
- Dwindling Party: The game begins with ten students, and it will end with one.
- Dysfunction Junction: With ten different characters, it's to be expected that something like this would happen. To what extent depends on the character in question...and the person playing them.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: For one of them, yes.
- Emotional Torque
- Fire-Forged Friends: It is known that relationships (both platonic and possibly romantic) are expected to be formed in Sakurauchi Academy.
- Gilded Cage: While they are attending the Academy, they have no shortage of food, classrooms full of objects to learn with, and many other locations that will be unlocked over time. Were this not a representation of the afterlife and all the fridge horror that entails, it'd be a nice place to board.
- Hidden Depths: There are more to every character than meets the eye - it's just that some of them are rather open to telling others their backstories or feelings, and others keep it under such a careful lock and key that no one can unearth it.
- Humans Are Flawed
- Involuntary Battle to the Death: Nine of them, in fact. Only one will remain.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Considering its premise and the fact that it's a roleplay, the characters are not above poking fun at the supposed absurdity of their circumstances.
- Mundane Afterlife: Where you still have to go to school.
- NPC: A bunch of them exist in and around the school.
- Ontological Mystery
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: They include a professional gamer, a tokusatsu actor, a former idol and the empress of Viridia.
- Sadistic Choice: Outlast nine of your new classmates to win another chance at life, or let yourself die for good. Details, details...
- Shout-Out: May contain references to popular culture, internet phenomena and call-backs to previous games the muns and their muses have been in.
- Tonight, Someone Dies: Specifically, every couple of weeks, someone will lose their duel and die permanently.
- Translation Convention: All characters are presumed to be speaking Japanese unless otherwise noted, even though the game is written in English.
- Win Your Freedom: At the cost of everyone else's. Unless you consider death the ultimate freedom, in which case...
- You Can't Go Home Again