The Multiverse is home to trillions of different beings and races of infinite variety. Some large and powerful. Some small and weak. Some in the middle. To keep balance walls between the dimensions were created to keep it in harmony. But, a Being known as Entropy, the living embodiment of chaos, has been slowly whittling away at the walls. In the billions of years that the Multiverse has existed, the walls that were once comparable to an immense dam, have been slowly torn apart until they are now paper thin. The degeneration Entropy has done has given him the power to open rifts. He uses this power for his amusement, and puts some of the most dangerous and powerful beings and up against one another.
Created in 2014 by The Republic of Atria on the Nationstates forums, Death of the Multiverse lasted for four months (A sequel is in the works) and, when combining the in character and out of character pages, has over 500 pages of text. One of the RP's coolest aspects is the ability to use both pre-existing and original characters without constraining yourself to one universe.
The universes visited have been:AvatarWolfensteinSCP FoundationReal LifeMass EffectAvatar: The Last AirbenderStar WarsHunger GamesMarvel UniversePacific Rim
The RP featured Loads and Loads of Characters. To see the entire cast, visit the in-progress character sheet.
The entirety of the RP can be read here.
Death of the Multiverse contains examples of:
- Antichrist: Entropy.
- Affably Evil: Many, including the Combaticons and Entropy to name a few
- Attackofthe 50 Foot Whatever: Godzilla and Smaug both make appearances.
- Bruticus also makes an appearance
- Beware the Superman: When Superman is Clark Kenting in the Avatar: The Last Airbender universe, he realizes most npc characters are afraid of the multiverse gang.
- Big Bad: Entropy for the majority, Order for the last few pages and for the sequel.
- Big Good: Shimura, Mercer and Superman each fill this role at times.
- Canon Immigrant: The majority of characters are from a number of canon worlds.
- Cool vs. Awesome: Where else could Alex Mercer fight Darth Sidious?
- Expy: Asumar Masaki to Madara Uchiha.
- Flying Brick: Superman, as per usual.
- Slate as well, once he gets superpowers.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: At least 30 different major characters are involved.
- Papa Wolf: Booker DeWitt
- OOC Is Serious Business: When Superman threatens to rip someone's spine out, you know he's pissed.
- Power Creep, Power Seep: The average power level of the main cast increases over time. To put it in perspective, in the first universe the Na'vi and Marines provide a decent challenge. By the end, the cast brings a multiverse god to his knees.
- World of Badass: Oh hell yes. Multiple worlds, in fact.