Pokémon: Cross Region Adventure is a Role Play found within Chaos Island. It is chock full of unresolved subplots and twists that never went anywhere, but nevertheless survived from February 7th, 2012 - March 18th, 2013, culminating in a 498-page long thread. It features a few notable canon characters from the Pokémon games themselves, such as N Harmonia and Ein, but the rest are purely fanmade.
The story opens up from several different points of view: a pair of Shaymin on the Flower Paradise are making their way home before an impending storm, a young Eevee is settling down to rest for the night elsewhere in the world, a teenage Pokemon trainer is setting out on her journey while silently under watch by a curious wild Kirlia, and so forth until something happens along each path that drives the characters involved on an epic quest, eventually culminating in them crossing paths with one another.
A character sheet is currently in progress.
This role play provides examples of:
- Aborted Arc: Unfortunately, several. A lot of subplots were left unresolved due to some of the participants leaving the roleplay, but a few others were either dropped for various other reasons, or just plain forgotten about as time went on.
- AcCENT upon the Wrong SylLABle: A prominent verbal tic of Vladimir's doppelganger, Valdr.
- Adaptational Villainy: Ein is far more sadistic and less pragmatic than he was in Colosseum.
- Alpha Bitch: Kareena, Serena's shadow doppelganger and the leader of the band of Expies. She is usually flocked by her right-hand women, Ember and Twilight.
- Ambiguous Gender: Along with Articuno and Moltres, Zapdos makes a small appearance a little ways in. It is initially referred to as female, but when it briefly reappears later, it's called a "he" in the narration. Granted, it's technically genderless here just as it is in the games proper, however.
- Ax-Crazy: Darius. Upon his evolution, he suddenly became a deranged psychopath who murdered three characters and left almost the rest of the cast injured in some form.
- Bitch Alert: Lotus. She becomes envious and hateful of any other females, even those in her own group. She is even seen bickering with Morrigan when they aren't attacking.
- Blasphemous Boast: Nazuzu earlier on.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Played straight by most of the Dark-type characters in the main group, all of whom are actually some of the nicest characters in the entire story: Midnite, Bella, Neo, Lily, and at times, even Mane.
- Enemy Mine: Gamil-Sin and Vladimir agree to temporarily merge their armies together while waging war against the common enemy they both have in Kareena. The alliance becomes permanent later on, however, when the former sets aside his grudge against Vladimir after clearing up the very misunderstanding that had caused them to become enemies in the first place.
- Evil Twin: The shadow doppelgangers of the main cast.
- Pals with Jesus: A few legendary and mythical Pokémon appear here and there. All of them (sans Giratina) are noble, and actually subservient to at least one "regular" member of the cast: the Kanto bird trio to Princess Xylacia, Zekrom to N, and a few others. Taken to an almost literal degree at one point, where the two Shaymin spend a bit of time with Arceus post-mortem.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The main characters, almost all of whom are wild Pokémon who travel together and grow stronger over the course of the story.
- Rich Kids: Morgana. However, she drained almost all of her money to buy an airship for the group.
- Wide Open Sandbox: A roleplaying example. There isn't much present in terms of plot, and the entirety of Cross Region Adventure is more like a collection of free-range character arcs, subplots, and stories. It isn't until about 400+ pages in that this changes, and the RP actually does begin to pick up a consistent storyline.