Crimson Sky is a play by post game hosted on DeviantArt, run by owner Arkean Koutetsu and co-owner Maya. It's a collection of horrifically depressing episodic Role Plays done by the group of friends as they either drive their characters insane or cause them severe emotional harm.
The story takes place in a Steam Punk world known as Terraknell, which has been split into four factions. These factions are in a very delicate peace after a crippling war that left the main power in the world, the faction of Vataskum, crippled. To make matters worse, an ancient cult is awakening and threatens to break apart the factions that were just starting to heal after the war.
Crimson Sky can be found at Deviant Art.
This series provides examples of:
- Artifact of Doom: Definitely the Oblivion Cronze. And to an extent, the Genesis Cronze.
- Playing with Fire: Many characters use Fire-element Cronze.
- Sky Pirate: Quite obviously, the Sky Pirates.
- Steam Punk: Half the world is run by steam and coal, and while it's not fully run by steam, the aesthetics are there.
- The Sky Is an Ocean: The Sky Pirate ships look like something out of Pirates of the Caribbean, although other factions are more likened to using Zepplins.
- Unobtainium: Cronze is an odd metallic substance that can be applied to cause magical things to occur, such as Cool Airships or Elemental Powers. That's because of the magical creatures that were turned into Cronze in the last age.