The year is 2114.
You were destined for the seventy-eighth class of the New Hopes Peak Academy. You were destined for greatness. Fame, fortune, guaranteed success it was all promised to you. It was supposed to be the first day of the rest of your life.
But it was all snatched away.
You wake up in a small room. The walls, floor, and ceiling are a pristine white. There are no doors, no windows, and no furniture. There are no lights, but the room is illuminated by a sterile white glow that comes from everywhere.
A barcode has been tattooed on the inside of your left wrist.
Welcome to the rest of your life.
Welcome to Cloud Coliseum.
Cloud Coliseum is a Tumblr-based Danganronpa OC roleplay which began in January 2015. Just like the game/visual novel, a group of elite students are trapped within a mutual killing game, which this time is set a hundred years after the original despair incident, on the moon colony of Apollo Luna and its own Hope's Peak campus. As such, it features the usual pattern of motives, murders, and trials, but with a background, setting, and quirks that are all its own, such as the inclusion of android characters and the mascot Mono Manu.
This roleplay includes the tropes:
- Abandoned Area: The entirety of Apollo Luna is mysteriously abandoned, but the entertainment district especially.
- Anyone Can Die: Extremely active characters can and will be murdered just to move the plot along.
- Body of the Week: Every chapter results in at least one death that the remaining students have to investigate.
- Characters Dropping Like Flies
- Cruel and Unusual Death: In true Ronpa style, the executions.
- Deadly Game
- Developing Doomed Characters: That's most of the characters, and you have no idea which ones they are.
- Dwindling Party
- Everybody's Dead, Dave
- Everyone Is a Suspect
- Evidence Scavenger Hunt: Before the trials. All physical evidence is available to everyone, but if someone else picks it up first no one else can access it. Other evidence, such as alibis, are often exchanged during the investigation period.
- Fair Play Whodunit: All culprits are characters that were previously introduced—that is to say, part of the original roster.
- Involuntary Battle to the Death
- Plot-Triggering Death
- Public Execution
- Scannable Man: All the students wake up with bar code tattoos on their arms, the purpose of which is still unknown.
- Teen Genius: All the students, to some extent, which is why they were accepted to Hope's Peak. The exception is Clive, the SHSL Good Luck, who got in via lottery.
- The Corpse Stops Here: Subverted; the body announcement can only be triggered when a certain amount of people who weren't the culprit find the body anyway. The first people on the scene are never suspected. At least just for that.
- There Is No Higher Court: You can't really contest the court's decision if the culprit is immediately executed.
- Win Your Freedom: By killing another student and getting away with it.
- You All Meet in a Cell: Or in a school.
- You Wake Up in a Room: Initially all the students begin in a white room with no doors, where they hang out for an indeterminate amount of time before going downstairs to meet the others and find out why they're here.