Castlevania: Call of Darkness is a Castlevania play-by-post roleplaying game created by Ysavvryl on Serebii Forums.
Castlevania: Call of Darkness contains examples of:
- Becoming the Mask: Masquerade is Elric's dominant persona. His self as a person is of no importance, only his self as Masquerade.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Despite being an Heir of Darkness, Diego is a nice guy, but has a dangerous temper when pushed.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Sayo. Part of a Cult the worships death? Yes. Would actually hurt anyone? Not on purpose.
- Determinator: Not even Diego's own fear, anxiety or grief will keep him from doing what he has to.
- Elemental Powers: The major elements are Fire, Water, Electricity, Darkness and Holy.
- The Fettered: Diego tries to follow ideals that he learned from shonen manga characters along with the morals his parents taught him, making him an otaku flavor of this.
- Paper Master: Downplayed with Sayo. She's able to create origami of almost anything and enchant it, but she doesn't use paper as her main weapon.
- Shout-Out: Some of Sayo's attacks are similar to Saigyougi Yuyuko's from ''Touhou.
- Weapon of Choice: Each character has their own set of weapon specialties.
- Whip It Good: The Vampire Killer Whip, wielded by Elias Belmont.