The Cardian Syndicate is a custom Hunter Conspiracy within the world of White Wolf's New World of Darkness: Hunter the Vigil game. Cardians are members of a global criminal organization named so after their ranking system, which divides members into suits and numbers. They fight against supernatural creatures and monsters in order to protect humanity, though their methods may not always be 'lawful'.
Cardians Pacific 2.0, Pacific Second Wave, or Pacific Reboot, is both a continuation and a new story branching from its predecessor.
The original Cardians Pacific campaign started in early August 2014 and has rebooted in July 2015 after a series of hiatuses, ending with Christmas 2014 in-game time. The reboot has a cast of both returning characters and new characters, although their relationships and their respective backstories may have changed. Some characters from the original Cardians Pacific do not return.
A character page can be found here.
This Roleplay provides examples of:
- Artifact of Doom: Hinted at in the final RP of the original Pacific campaign.
- Badass Adorable: Yusuke, Saara, and all of the other members who are still teenagers or younger.
- Bash Brothers
- Bishie Sparkle: Richter
- Cats Are Mean: Richter's cat, Chantilly, does not like strangers.
- Color Motif: Each team member is associated with a colour, for thematic and organization purposes.
- Mako: Green
- Saara: Yellow
- Richter: Light Blue
- Yusuke: Red
- Miccah: Blue
- Wilbur: Dark Green
- Helena: Purple
- Emil: Brown
- Tie: Orange
- Crossover: Somewhat, seeing as this is a new campaign with the original Pacific characters and newcomer characters.
- Grey-and-Grey Morality: Who are the good guys? The Cardians are criminals, after all.
- Traveling at the Speed of Plot: One session takes place per week in real-time, but the spaces between missions in-game can be anything from two months to later the same day.
- The Ace: The four Aces are a literal example.
- The Family for the Whole Family: A running joke amongst all Cardians players is that the Pacific Divison is the 'easy mode' division, due to the general friendliness of the player characters involved. As for what actually happens in-session, however...