Five hundred years ago, a cataclysmic war between man and Pokémon erupted, ending only when a lone woman, known by her successors as the Savior, stepped forward to peacefully end the fighting. Now, society has been rebuilt in a city known as Union, the last known bastion of civilization, and its inhabitants are charged with exploring the world and expanding what they know about it.
Brave New World contains examples of:
- And Man Grew Proud: The reason the war erupted was that humans had treated themselves as lords and masters over their Pokémon, rather than partners.
- Apocalypse How: The war caused a societal collapse on a planetary scale.
- Badass Normal: Characters with the Far From Ordinary perk are not Enlightened, but they do display certain Enlightened characteristics by virtue of being just that good.
- Beyond the Impossible: Justified Trope. Characters with the Mastery of Battle perk can find ways to do things in battle that are normally impossible, like having an Electric-type move damage a Ground-type Pokémon.
- Magical Girl: The game has quite a few Sailor Moon and Pretty Cure characters. And yes, they can transform.
- Original Generation: The game accepts original characters.
- Title Drop: Happened in the council's speech after the earthquake event concluded.
- Transhuman: Enlightened. They're humans with Pokémon characteristics, either in terms of ability or physical appearance. It's a continuation of the blessing of the Savior, and all Enlightened within Union can trace ancestry to her at some point.