Bleach Online World is an Original Character Roleplay based on the popular manga Bleach, with a heavy emphasis on PvP threads. Created by Zouma Senteku (the player, not to be confused with the character who shares the same name), the RP has gone through two major arcs run by staff, as well as several minor side plots and events run by players. The RP has relatively high quality requirements, which typically keeps content and characters interesting.
The RP is deliberately separate from the canon universe, and shares only a single character (Urahara). Although most, if not all of, the factions that exist in Bleach also exist in the RP, their founders, creation stories, and scale differ. Xcution isn't a simple group of Fullbringers, but a global organization of assasins and other such criminals. Furthermore, there are a handful of factions that are entirely original, such as the Escudo, which serve as Foil to the forces of Las Noches, and whose greatest assets, the Zarpa, are potentially capable of fighting two Espada at once.
Bleach Online World contains examples of:
- As the Good Book Says...: Caesar has been known to practice this trope from time to time. There are several threads littering the site where the Vandenreich general gives sermons regarding the holy book of The Emperor.
- Ass Kicking Equals Authority: Most high ranking characters deserve their rank, and are more than capable of laying waste to any lower ranked character that tries to challenge them.
- Cain and Abel: The Decima/Cero Espada, Cain, is allegedly the biblical one, with a slight modification to his story replacing God with the Spirit King. He also bears the Mark of Cain in the form of a technique which reflects damage that he would take upon his opponents. At the same time, Red Face, the Decima/Cero Envainar, is Abel, according to his history. Both of them are NPCs, and powerful NPCs at that, but are technically on the same side, at least currently, so we will likely not witness a clash in the foreseeable future.
- Cast from Lifespan:
- Several Class 0 Techniques have this as part of their drawbacks.
- Axis Recio lives and breathes this trope.
- Evilutionary Biologist: Myzaraphiston lives and breathes this trope, and actively works towards the natural development of Hollows into Arrancar without the aid of the Hogyoku. Unfortunately, the methods she has found to be most successful consist of feeding said Hollows as many powerful spiritual beings as possible, particularly Shinigami and Quincy.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Any post with Francis Grin, Irudai Izumi, or Kubi Tsure, is likely to have two digits of curse words. This holds less true for combat posts, but you're never truly safe from the cluster swearing.
- Drama-Preserving Handicap: The RP has a system built into it that prevents One-Hit Kill attacks, and thus indirectly forbids players from going all out from post number one, for the explicit purpose of making fights more interesting.
- Fantastic Racism: Myzaraphiston Synderfell, the Septima Espada, has a distaste for races that are not Arrancar or Hollow. Actually, distaste doesn't even begin to cover the absolute contempt that she is capable of mustering when she is dealing with any race but those she considers "The Chosen People".
- Healing Factor: All Arrancar with over 400 Healing Expertise gain access to High Speed Regeneration, as do Akki that chose to have regeneration over stats, or Mod Souls that invest 400 points into Healing Expertise.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Given that the RP is based off of Bleach, it's little surprise that many of the Shinigami, and a fair amount of Arrancar, tend to favor katanas.
- Kill It with Fire:
- Kaen Youji's modus operandi. His Bankai creates flames hot enough to kill most of the other characters on the site, if it hits.
- There is an abundance of fire typed kido, some of which, such as Soukahou, are heavily favored by spiritually powerful characters.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: As if there weren't enough reasons to be very afraid of Sozen Kuchiki, one of his Bankai techs allows him to put red on anything he touches, and then shoot blades out of it whenever he so chooses. The way to tell he's activating the tech? The Red World effect of his Bankai terminates and withdraws to his eyes, dying them completely red.
- Shout-Out: Innumerable characters are either walking shoutouts, or have a feature or two about them which acts as a reference to their inspiration.
- Lax Paral possesses a Fullbring that preys on fear and shoots yellow beams of light. His name is also a bit more of a direct shoutout.
- Sozen Kuchiki is fond of the phrase "I'm one hell of a _____", which shouldn't be surprising, given who his faceclaim is.
- Technicolor Eyes: Played with. Many characters do have bizarre eye colors, and Takehiko Kuchiki's description Lampshades this. He has brown eyes, and is disappointed by the fact that he doesn't have strange eye colors like most of the other Vice Captains and Captains.