BlazBlue 3 RP is a forum RP going on at Blazblue.com forum, based on of course the BlazBlue series. Due to the overwhelming discussions of "What would happen in the next game" and Word of God say that it would be awhile until the continuation of Continuum Shift, and since it ends on, you know, a Cliffhanger, the forumers decided to just go on with an RP to play around in what they would consider... the finale of BlazBlue series.
And obviously, there will be MASSIVE SPOILERS for the BlazBlue story.
The story begins as everyone heads off to Ikaruga. All characters existed, but there are A LOT of Original Generation characters. Only time will tell what would happen in there and what the bad guys are planning.
While not really achieving fame outside just the forum, it does prove to be pretty popular compared to the other RP on the forum.
Chris X is part of the RP-ers of this work.
Tropes included in this RP setting:
- Ascended Extra: So, uh, that quack doctor called 'Han' in the game by Linhua? Well, he's a character now.
- Badass in Distress: Hakumen got hit with it, but then again, who wouldn't when you're in a 3-on-1 battle against Terumi, Phantom and Relius (and Ignis)?
- Break the Cutie: Poor, poor Litchi...
- Character Development: Some characters have experienced this. Jin moved past his Jerkass qualities and became quite the Jerk with a Heart of Gold and shows some Supporting Leader qualities. Litchi stops being selfish, know the right thing and became The Atoner, while Bang decides to stop being a Stalker with a Crush and pursue Courtly Love instead.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Han doesn't care if he looks Gonk-ish. He still likes giving compliments to girls, and would protect them and even give free services.
- Cloning Blues: Relius made a clone of Litchi which involes having her negative qualities being flanderized.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Rachel seems to have defrosted. She no longer calls Ragna with insults and even said 'thank you' literally, and the second day goes even further with it.
- Distress Ball: Uh, Tao? You haven't rested after fighting Isariel, then Relius pops in, then you decided to attack him immediately. A Distressed Damsel is you, Tao.
- Dramatic Irony: At the end of Continuum Shift, a FaceHeel Turn-ed Litchi blocked Hakumen. In this RP... a FaceHeel Turn-ed Hakumen blocked Litchi (after a HeelFace Turn) and Bang.
- FaceHeel Turn: Unfortunately, Hakumen went with Hazama, since Tsubaki's life is on the line. Once that's out of the line, however, he's back on track. Unfortunately, around that time, Nox got around and agreed to work with Relius to have a chance to exact his vengeance on Nine.
- Fix Fic:
- Admittedly, aside of trying to make a 'sequel' for BlazBlue because Word of God say they're gonna take their time very long to come up with the official one, some RP-ers fixed some elements that didn't turn out as they like in canon, such as completely shortening both Litchi and Tsubaki's FaceHeel Turn period, bringing Lambda (and her true personality) Back from the Dead... and also Nine, for good measure. Yeah...
- Nine is another story though. Many players couldn't accept just how ridiculous Phantom's (at that time touted out as the real Nine) epic proportion of Took a Level in Jerkass was, so someone made up a story about the real Nine is somewhere else. Author's Saving Throw?
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: Phantom's current plan is to capture all Six Heroes. She has caught Trinity and Hakumen (last one being helped with Terumi and Relius, though) so far, but failed on Valkenhayn (of course, due to Ragna...)
- The Grotesque: Han certainly isn't designed like the typical boy of the age. He walks around like a hunchback, his face is quite frumpy, and has unkempt hair. Not very pretty.
- HeelFace Turn: Courtesy of Jin; he has forced this to Litchi, and then Abel (through Defeat Means Friendship) and recently Tsubaki. In a similar vein, Anubis has defected from his fellow Titans.
- Heel Realization: A variation. Bang came to a conclusion that in terms of Litchi's love life, he would be the Heel compared to Lotte Carmine (the Face). This realization crushed him hard.
- Hive Mind: Chimera.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: The Titans are adamant on this. Except Anubis.
- If You're So Evil, Eat This Kitten: Relius wasn't quite sure on how serious Litchi was in joining NOL, so... he told her to kill Carl. Even without Jin's prodding, she didn't have the heart to do it literally.
- I Have Your Wife: In a way. Hazama and Relius show their high caliber vileness by using the captured Tsubaki to make Hakumen do as they say.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Jin has grown some heart of gold, starting from him inspiring Litchi to stand up for herself and not being manipulated anymore (Though beforehand, he was a complete Jerkass to her); to his interaction with Tsubaki.
- Large Ham:
- Love Makes You Evil: No, not Litchi (she managed to defy that thanks to Jin). This goes to... Phantom. She killed her dimension's Tsubaki as she loved Hakumen, and then joined NOL when she's promised to be given a perfect world for her and Hakumen (and Kokonoe). And to fulfill that, she's even ready to kill Jubei.
- Nice Guy: OCs Nox Viscera and Ashton Rockwell are so nice you wouldn't believe. Though, Nox does let out vulgar words when he's pissed.
- Put on a Bus: Because of some RP-ers calling it quits, this happened to Aoiffe and Stitches.
- Shout-Out: LOTS:
- When Ashton releases the seal on Yggdrasil, he cries out "Cast Off" or "Cast On" which is a shout out to Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- Relius can order Ignis to do rapid punches similar to Dio Brando's "MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA"
- Bang executed his Big Damn Heroes in the same vein of Rom Stoll and even gives out his version of God Hand Smash
- Roger gives out the pointy finger and... OBJECTION!!!
- Bang would like to tell you about truth, justice and the Ikarugan way.
- "Campaign for Free Ikaruga!" "The People's Front of Ikaruga!" "Ikarugan People's Front!"
- "Terumi Yuuki... I've come back from Hell... just for your demise!"
- "Seven minutes... seven minutes is all I need to execute you."
- The Four Gods: Actually a basis of Han's history and style. He uses one of the set of 'Four Gods' Ars Magus called 'Seiryuu'. In the past, the set is a project, with other weapons 'Byakko', 'Suzaku', and 'Genbu'. His wife died while trying 'Suzaku', and then the project is considered failure by Relius, and he ordered everyone involved heavily on it to be killed, families included.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Nine was a temperamental lady back then, but as Phantom? She's a selfish Jerkass.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: After seeing Litchi's clone burn down Orient Town, Jin decided to end Litchi's anguish and make her move on from her past by planning to kill Lotte/Arakune so there's nothing that she could worry further.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Delivered by Han to Litchi when they actually meet. Then Jin delivers a rather extreme one to Kokonoe and Sector Seven, making them even start to Completely Missing the Point.
- You Killed My Father: One of the reasons why Rachel didn't even bother to be the usual sarcastic girl to Tazuka. Also, Isamu is tricked by Relius that Ragna killed his father in the most dishonorable way possible.