Once upon a time, long before the universe was created, there was neither time nor space. Meaning was meaningless. Form was formless. All that was were two brothers: Lukeios the Fair and Arakaota the Vulgar. Then God shows up and ruins their party by creating everything. Of course, Luk and Ara are jealous, so God locks them up.Then they escape and decide to enlist a few average mortals to help them determine who gets to screw the universe over in what way.
Inspired by such series as Supernatural and A World Beyond, Battle of the Elders is a three-arc rp taking place in Nightkill's Shit and possibly the same part of that Verse as A World Beyond. Unfortunately, it never really got off the ground, and was shut down two pages in.
Tropes appearing in Battle Of The Elders:
- Dumb Muscle: Silas.
- Evil vs. Evil
- It Amused Me: This is more or less that main motivation of Lukeios and Arakaota.
- Government Agency of Fiction: Lukeios falsely presents himself as working for one of these.
- Jerkass Gods: The rp's whole premise is that two of these decide to fight over who gets to destroy the world.
- Meaningful Name: Lukeios comes from an epithet of Apollo, God of Light. Arakaota is a bastardization of the Hindi word for Chaos. Elayim comes from Elohim.
- Shout-Out: The town of Jasper is mentioned in passing while describing Nineveh.
- The Old Gods: Lukeios and Arakaota are older than time itself, forget The Big Guy.
- The 'Verse: Nightkill's Shit
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Exaggerated in that Matthew Tyson, formerly the pastor at the church in Babylon, is already dead when we first see him.