The setting is very similar to the original series. However, due to several altered events, different pilots have been chosen to pilot the Evangelions.
Fukui Akihiko, a boy with no sense of self-worth pilots Unit-00. Saiki Sakura, a girl who just isn't equipped to deal with the violence and pain being a pilot entails has Unit-01. Unit-02 is piloted by a girl named Yamamoto Sayu, a naive Genki Girl with Panic Disorder. Takahashi Kei pilots Unit-03. Sawabe Yuki, a Depraved Bisexual boy with a traumatic past piloted Unit-04 for the first few battles. Shimizu Takuya is the new pilot of Unit-04.
Several characters from the original series are shown to exist in the RP's version of the Evaverse, and each of the Angels remains the same as they were in the original as well.
Currently, they have killed three Angels. The mental trauma is starting to set in a little bit.
As of now, the RP is dead and AnnoR has revived it as another game.
This Play-by-Post Game provides examples of:
- Anything That Moves: Yuki, obviously.
- Enforced Method Acting: The first Ramiel battle features some serious confusion among the HQ staff and pilots. The problem is that this was a result of the players not knowing who actually had a hot mic and who didn't, and the resulting conflicting orders from several sources.
- Expy: Akihiko and Sakura are similar to Rei and Shinji respectively. Sayu and Asuka are both emotion-based people.
- Date Rape Averted: A similar situation in Nobody Dies is used. Instead of jamming the place up with NERV personel (because it is in a teen club) the rapist in question gets chased down and brutally beaten by Sakura.
- Depraved Bisexual: Yuki.
- Heroic BSoD: Sakura has had two brief BSODs already.
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky: Yuki's reaction to Unit-01, piloted by Sakura, utterly destroying Sachiel while berserking.
- Huge Schoolgirl: Haruko is tall. Also, British.
- Madness Mantra: He deserved it. He deserved it. He deserved it.
- Screaming Woman: Sayu is a justified case, due to her panic disorder.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Bridge Bunny Kazumi seems to think this is an idealistic Super Robot show along the lines of GaoGaiGar.