Written by Maugan Ra on Sufficient Velocity.com, And Justice For All is a One Piece quest set 15 years after the death of Gol D. Roger, and follows the adventures of Aubigny D. Juliette, a newly promoted Commander in the Marines as she patrols South Blue.
Can be found here.
And Justice For All contains examples of:
- Afraid of Blood: Juliette is afflicted with what has been called - sometimes as an affectionate joke, sometimes as a mocking jab, sometimes as a tragic lament - as the Swordsman's Curse: she cannot stand the sight of blood.
- Badass in Charge: Commander Aubigny D. Juliette. Its her first year in command of her own ship!
- Big Damn Heroes: Juliette and her crew start the quest by saving the people of Corola Island from a pirate attack.
- Character Tics: In order to avoid seeing any blood, Juliette turns her head away after finishing off her opponents,.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: She hasnt eaten a Devil Fruit, or awakened her Haki, but Juliette shows signs of being a monster.
- Deadpan Snarker: Juliette has a really dry wit, and has thrown out some pretty badass Pre Asskicking One Liners.
- Evil Weapon: Kitetsu II's curse has led all its previous owners to violent deaths.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Only in the most dire of extremities does Juliette draw her blade, and when she does, it is to perform a single, perfect, lightning-fast cut, immediately sheathing her blade.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: Juliette can burn things and cut through almost anything (even someones neck) without unsheathing her sword!
- Improbable Age: To be given command of your own ship at 20 is almost unheard of in the Marines.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Even when they're never removed from their sheaths.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Juliette has developed an impressive register of justifications, dark backstories, and proud boasts serving to hide the true reason for fighting with her sword sheathed.
- Mysterious Past: It is mentioned that Juliette has siblings, however we dont know what happened to them. Or how Juliette inherited Kitetsu II and developed an aversion to blood.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Juliettes name is based on Julie d'Aubigny, better known as Mademoiselle Maupin or La Maupin, a 17th-century swordswoman and opera singer.
- Sheath Strike: While Juliette refuses to use her sword, one cannot say the same about the sheath.
- Supernatural Martial Arts: Rokushiki, used by some members of the Marines, including Juliette.
- Weapon of Choice: Kitetsu II for Juliette.
- Wooden Katanas Are Even Better: In a sense. Juliette keeps her sword sheathed, which means when she fights with it she's essentially wielding a bokken, not a katana.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Juliette has pale blue hair, recently freed from the constraints of a recruits buzzcut and still acclimatising itself to the possible existence of styles and grooming.