An online Forum based Rpg that ran for over three years before it ended on a cliffhanger. Now void, as the story has started up renewed. New enemies, new story, new technology and the same two idiots.
Entirely ran by two people, who over the course of the game had posted alomst 20,000 posts on the forum group the game was hosted on.The Group was created in March 2010 and the rpg in it's primitive form didn't start until January of the next year.The game has ended as of 2015 due to user Timstro 59 stopping his responses and essentially leaving the game.
The Rpg has evolved and changed so much that it's difficult to describe it's story without reading it yourself.
The location of this game is here at Gateworld.
Alterans Of Gateworld contains examples of:
- A.I. Is A Crapshoot: At least 5 examples, including a classic Hal 9000 type AI. Let's just say that it's a bad idea to use AI for anything is this universe.
- One aversion in that one AI in a time travel adventure, that was skillfully skipped, became a full biological being.
- Apocalypse How: Multiple examples of a Class Z apocalypse. Altered in that it's a full destruction of the omniverse, but a back-up always exists in some way, allowing the story to continue.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Both, PC Tim and PC Rushy to the extent that both of them describe each other as crazy.
- Deadpan Snarker: This game has ran away with this trope as every character, with two npc exceptions, display this trope.
- Evil Laugh: Multiple NPC and one PC contain this trope.
- Mood Dissonance: The PC Tim has seen too much to be bothered by anything, leading to the situation of him thinking of food while inside a tornado.
- Mood Whiplash: Various situations, with one example being that the end of the universe is coming and the PC Tim suddenly shouts "PARTY!!!"
- My Greatest Failure: Timstro 59 regrets that he left the game.
- Noodle Incident: The second iteration of the series as a whole started out as a noodle incident and has been retconned multiple times.
- The Atoner: Timstro 59 hopes and wishes that Rushy would forgive him for his leaving unannounced.
- Tranquil Fury: Both players, in and out of character. Even the characters themselves at times.