A Little Town Called Coxwette is an interactive comic that is equal parts Sex Comedy, Mystery Fiction and Town with a Dark Secret, in the same vein as Ruby Quest and its more recent Spiritual Successor Nan Quest. It's hosted on tgchan and created by RML.
A fugitive, bank-robbing, womanizing cat with a cardigan leaps from a passing train into the titular town and is greeted by the mysterious Harold Pal, a tortoise. Shortly afterwards he discovers that not only is the town mostly populated by single, very available women, but also ghosts, wandering night horrors, legends, magic, mysterious catacombs that certainly do not exist under the library, and nobody can ever leave.
The comic has well thought-out writing from start to finish, switching between steamy to comedy to drama, and is notable for having sex scenes that provide critical, important clues to what's really going on. It has a large cast of characters for such a small town, each with their own hidden secrets. The comic is not safe for work given the number of sex scenes of the somewhat furry but tasteful variety (plus one spider).
A Little Town Called Coxwette contains examples of:
- Beleaguered Assistant: Lisa, whom Susanna the mayor treats as a lackey.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Chuck zig-zags between this and Lovable Sex Maniac depending on the suggestions of the players. Overall he tends to lean towards Chivalrous Pervert since he's unable to perform with Ramona's extremely willing daughter Sally due to something he knows about her mother. She has terminal cancer.
- Cute Ghost Girl: Lorraine, who also serves as an early warning that things may not be as they appear to be.
- The Cutie: Marcie — freckles, pig-tails, big innocent eyes and no ability to pick up on any innuendo, ever. Chuck's first meeting has her spew a flurry of Innocent Innuendo. She's also a Supreme Chef; Chuck describes the taste of her cake like having sex with a teen crush and it makes his face vibrate.
- Dating Sim: Played with. The quest is set up to be a dating sim, but even while slowly degenerating into a mystery horror fic it still maintains plenty of opportunities to focus on love.
- Fair Cop: Layla is also a fair-minded cop, being a Reasonable Authority Figure and By-the-Book Cop.
- Farmer's Daughter: Donna, complete with gun-toting Hill Billy Moonshiner dad.
- Hippie Teacher: Angela, though she only acts that way outside of work.
- Horned Hairdo: Chuck's ears at times.
- Interrupted Intimacy: This seems to happen frequently to Chuck; sometimes it's circumstantial and other times it's invoked by the players themselves.
- Lethal Chef: Ramona is implied to be this. It's actually a protection against Susana's magical abilities, requiring a great deal of skill and effort and she knows it tastes terrible.
- The Prankster: Naz, but it's her way of showing affection.
- Pun-Based Title: The name of the town (Coxwette). Also the Shoppe Stoppe, seeing that Ellen's last name is Stoppe.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: While the full story has yet to be known, this seems to be completely averted as far as Mayor Susanna Stark the snake is concerned; despite appearing to be an evil Mayor Pain she seems to genuinely care about the town and its people and gives Chuck some surprising Puppy-Dog Eyes while they having sex.
- Spiders Are Scary: Averted and Inverted with Sophie Phetphommasouk, who is both the town's tailor, town doctor, and possibly the cutest arachnid since Miss Muffet. So much so that many players were very eager to sleep with her.
- Stacy's Mom: Played with and borders on Mrs. Robinson; Chuck and Ramona are mutually attracted to each other and while she is certainly interested in him, in terms of experience they're about equal.
- Stage Mom: Chuck's parents, although he may be an unreliable narrator.
- Title Drop: At the beginning of most threads.