Based on the 27th episode of Digimon Adventure, "It's All In The Cards", Tai had to choose a card to open the gateway to earth. But what if he chose the wrong card? The answer? He opens the entrance to the world of Pokémon, bringing in Digimon along with them!
Set in the Pokemon anime right after the first Kanto saga, it begins with the Orange Islands adventure takes an alternate path, as Back from the Dead Datamon seeks out the GS Ball to unlock a very powerful secret between the two Mons. The power of sealed evolution, the ability for pokemon to evolve higher than their highest stage, even higher than Mega Evolution! Helping out the Digidestined to try and restore balance are Ash, Gary, fellow Pallet Town trainer Paula and a ranch girl from the Viridian Forest, Yellow (each based on the four original protagonist from the Pokémon Adventures manga). Especially as the Digidestined's enemy invades Pokearth, from Myotismon who continues his hunt for Kari and the Dark Masters, who had warped the Digital World with Johto and Orre, and plans to do the same with the rest of the world and Earth!
Alongside this story are adaptations of Digimon World and Pokémon Colosseum. A young v-pet player from earth name Hiro is brought to the Digital World from Jijimon who journeys around the digital world befriending other Digidestined and digimon on his quest to restore digimon back to normal. However, his adventure got a bit more crazy when the digital world becomes Spiral Mountain with Pokearth, while a shady organization plots to control all the mons with the power of shadow!
In the webcomic adaptation, there are two versions. One is done by Silver-Ninja (Alien-Child) and the other by AnTyep, both with their own art style and twist to their adaptation.
The RP can be found here
Silver-Ninja Webcomic Version
AnTyep Webcomic Version
This RP contain examples of:
- Alternate Timeline: As this is a What If? of Tai choosing the Agumon card instead of the Gomamon card
- Another Dimension: So far three worlds: Earth, the Digital World and Pokearth
- Badass Adorable: Pikachu, anyone? There's also plenty other pokemon and digimon to list
- Big Brother Instinct: Tai and Matt. For the latter, remember this is set during the first Digimon season, so expect him to try and protect T.K. a lot.
- BrotherSister Team: Once Kari joined the team, she and Tai
- Calling Your Attacks: What do you expect from Digimon? Pokémon could too when translated.
- Canon Foreigner: In the Pokémon side, it's based on the anime but certain events and characters from the mangas or games are allowed in.
- Comic-Book Adaptation: Exactly What It Says on the Tin, Fan Webcomic based on a Play-by-Post site
- Com Mons: Certain mons that pop up.
- Cyber Space: The Digital World
- Early-Bird Cameo: Multiple times to future generations. On the Pokemon side, there's multiple pokemon from regions outside of Kanto/Johto such Ash's Eevee evolving into Sylveon, from Pokemon Xand Y while on the digimon side, there's cameos like Sampson from Digimon Savers and Bagra from Digimon Xros Wars.
- Evolutionary Levels: Its Pokémon and Digimon! Both mons are known to evolve (or digivolve for Digimon fans in the west).
- For Want of a Nail: Picking the Agumon card might have sent the Digidestined to Pokearth, but the events of Digimon Adventure still happened, just now with another world involved.
- Olympus Mons: The Digidestined learned the hard way just how powerful Legendary Pokemon are. Originally only the Legendary Pokemon (and Mega Evolved) could have stood up to Ultimate and above leveled digimon, but once the Sealed Evolution had been unlocked, its possible for pokemon to reach such a status.
- Shout-Out: How about Penguinmons who gave like the The Penguins of Madagascar or maybe Machinedramon's Mekanorimon talk like the Kraang from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012)? And that's only the beginning!
- Story Arc: Must of the threads can be bundled up into arcs, especially ones based on the anime.
- Orange Islands Arc: A variation of the Filler Arc in the Pokemon anime, where digimon are invading and the GS Ball doesn't become an Aborted Arc. Through this arc, the Dark Masters sends out their elite to ensure the Digidestined never return to their world. This brings in Mermaimon, a pirate who leads her forces to hunt for Manaphy to take control of all Water Pokemon, and the Back from the Dead Datamon, who can be said to be this arc's Big Bad as he hunts down the GS Ball.
- 8th Child Arc: Finishing up the Myotismon arc from the anime, as Kari with the help of Gatomon, Ryo and Wizardmon escapes Earth and enters the Pokemon world, with the evil vampire digimon and his minions hot on their trail. Taking over Saffron City and a chunk of Kanto, the Digidestineds and their new pokemon trainer allies break through Myotismon's fog to save their world.
- Dark Masters Arc: With Myotismon's defeat, the Dark Masters invade Pokearth, merging the digital world with Orre and Johto, and slowly spreading to the rest of the world and eventually Earth!
- Unwilling Roboticization: Datamon had been turning Pokemon into robots. His technology was reused by Machinedramon; in a Shout-Out to Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Comics), only Pokemon were turned into robots while humans became metal statues.