Toy Hell: Nightmare in the Scream Factory was a haunted house at Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights 1996, located in Nazarman's. The house was set in a toy factory which was abandoned due to being possessed. The toys that were left behind would come alive and kill factory workers.
Little is known about the contents of this house, but a leaked concept page reveals that there was a "Cobbling Room", in which the guests would hear a surgeon's saw cutting through bones and the screams of the person it was used on. The room was filled with bloody human and toy parts as well as buzz-saws and other, similar equipment. A mutilated corpse hung across one wall, and in a corner a demonic clown was chopping up a hapless victim.
At this point, a strobe light would blind the guests and a bloody, shrieking creature would burst out of the corpse as they moved on. They would see a meat grinder painted as a clown car with the remains of another victim coming out of it as they continued to the next room.
Toy Hell: Nightmare in the Scream Factory contains examples of:
- Bloody Horror: At least two rooms had blood splattered on the walls and furniture.
- Jump Scare: The thing that would jump out of a corpse and screech at the guests.
- Living Toys: Of the evil variety.
- Monster Clown: One could be seen amputating the leg of a scareactor portraying an unlucky guest.
- Vengeful Abandoned Toy: The ride was set in an abandoned toy factory full of possessed toys that would come alive and slaughter the workers.