As one of the more popular and memorable Hanna-Barbera cartoon stars, Yogi Bear has seen more than his fair share of Shout Outs.
Anime & Manga
- Dragon Ball Z: One episode of the earlier Funimation dub has Frieza mocking Goku, saying how he's smarter than the average Saiyan.
- Bye Bye Birdie: During the "Telephone Hour" sequence, one of Kim's friends has a Yogi Bear record in her room. Incidentally, Columbia Pictures, through their Screen Gems division, distributed Yogi Bear and other Hanna-Barbera product at the time.
- In Ted 2, a courtroom sketch of Ted's humanity case depicts him as Yogi.
- Stay Tuned: One advertisement seen is something called "Yogi Beer", which is apparently a beer for children.
- Skin Game: Harry taunts the already pissed at him and incredibly dangerous Genoskwa by calling him Yogi (due to his harry appearance) during the final throwdown in the vaults.
- In Unseen Academicals, Glenda's teddy bear has a third eye "and is more enlightened than the average bear", a riff on Yogi's catchphrase and a Stealth Pun on "yogi".
- The Nanny: In one episode somebody asks Fran if she knows Yogi Berra, to which she replies: "The bear?"
- John Kricfalusi directed two Yogi Bear cartoons centering around Ranger Smith that are both a Homage, as well as a Deconstructive Parody of the series. The best one of those, Boo Boo Runs Wild has Boo-Boo go insane over Ranger Smith's obsessive rules and prohibitions and Going Native again as a Real Life grizzly bear.
- The Simpsons:
- In Much Apu About Nothing the town citizens complain about a bear who stumbled into their town. Moe claims that "this bear is smarter than the average bear: he stole my pick-a-nick basket." Mayor Quimby promises to take action and is revealed to have stolen the basket himself afterwards.
- In When You Dish Upon A Star Homer has a Dream Sequence where he imagines himself being Yogi Bear stealing a picknic basket in the presence of Boo-Boo (played by Bart). Flanders appears as Ranger Smith asking Yogi to hand over the basket, to which Homer starts clawing him to shreds. When Homer awakes he says: "I was having the most wonderful dream. I had a hat and a tie with no pants on."
- In Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington Homer has a maze with him where the goal is to help Yogi Bear get to the Washington Monument.
- In Don't Fear the Roofer Yogi is seen in the forest carrying Ranger Smith's head in a picnic basket.
- Duckman: In the pilot episode, I, Duckman, Duckman watches home movies of himself during his past, which are all done in the style of famous cartoons. In the Yogi Bear segment his dad chases him for not wanting to go to college, parodying the never changing backgrounds in many Yogi cartoons.
- Family Guy: In Hell Comes to Quahog Peter Griffin brutally kills Yogi with a hunter's knife as a favor to Ranger Smith, then says to Boo-Boo: "Tell the other bears what you just saw."
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: In "Howl of the Freight Hound", some Animal Control officers are seen wheeling away a grizzly bear wearing a familiar hat and necktie.
- The Flintstones: In "Swedish Visitors", Yogi and Boo Boo steal Fred's picnic basket (apparently, they're really old).
- In another episode, Betty mentions she and Wilma were watching the "Yogi Cave Bear Show".
- In an episode of Bobby's World, one of Bobby's Imagine Spots is of his Uncle Ted as Teddy Bear and himself as Bob-O.
- In the short, "It's All Relatives" from the Tiny Toon Adventures episode, "Pledge Week", Babs attempts to impress her grandmother with a rapid-fire montage of various impressions of cartoon characters, Yogi Bear being one of them.
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: In "Here Thar Be Dwarves", Yogi and Boo-Boo are completely addicted to picnic baskets (complete with bloodshot eyes and a disheveled look) and try to steal one from Billy.
- The The Ren & Stimpy Show episode "The Big Shot" Stimpy stars in "The Stimpy and Muddy Show" featuring them acting out a Yogi Bear cartoon, with Stimpy as Yogi and Muddy Mudskipper as Ranger Smith.