- One of the protagonists in American Graffiti has a car with the license plate THX-1138.
- House of Games: The hotel room that Mike takes Margaret to is room #1138, which is a reference to George Lucas's THX 1138.
- The Island contains blatant imitations of THX 1138.
- A New Hope: In Alan Dean Foster's novelization, Stormtrooper TK-421 is identified as THX 1138. In the film itself, a disguised Luke claims he's transferring Chewie from Cell Block 1138.
- Ocean's Eleven: In the elevator, Linus hits the floor buttons 1, 1, 3, and 8.
- In Raiders of the Lost Ark, you can hear "Ein-tausend-ein-hundert-acht-und-dreiÃčig", 1138 in German.
- Sleeper: Thanks to an homage to THX 1138 homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright the film has an Everything Is An I Pod In The Future design aesthetic.
- Almost every Star Wars movie has some reference to THX-1138. On Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back, General Rieekan says, "Send Rogues 10 and 11 to sector 38." In The Phantom Menace, the droid killed by Jar Jar Binks at the end has serial number 1138 on his back. In Attack of the Clones, the LED lights on the back of the clone trooper helmets display a serial number. Although illegible, they all read "THX 1138". Finally, in Revenge of the Sith, Clone Commander Bacara's number is 1138.
- Rifters Trilogy: The bootleg Thera Pal software Achilles confesses to as a teenager uses dialogue ("Could you be more specific?") from the confession booths in THX 1138.
- Andor: Narkina 5's oppressive white colors, prison jumpsuits, shock rods, guards, forced labor, and the way the electrified floors induce muscle spasms all reference George Lucas's feature film debut, THX 1138.
- Chuck: Morgan helps fashion a prison escape by posing as a guard and reporting a "prisoner transfer from CB 11, Section 3-8."
- Smallville: Milton Fine claims that LuthorCorp is working on a Project 1138.
- The opening track of The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails, "Mr. Self Destruct", samples audio from THX-1138 of guards beating a prisoner at the very beginning of the song.
- Traveller: Paranoia Press supplement Merchants and Merchandise. The L He P 9(Or) Series 12/136 computer system had a Shout-Out to the film. Feature 1138 was a reference to the early George Lucas film THX 1138.
- Duke Nukem 3D: E2L2, "Incubator", has at least two occurrences of the number 1138.
- Duke Nukem Forever: The four-digit code that Duke enters into the Super Turret is 1138.
- Escape Velocity: The uninhabited planet George's World lies in the THX-1138 system, and elsewhere there is a forest moon named Endor.
- Fallout 3: * Help Rosie take over the Republic of Dave during Election Day and she gives you the code to Dave's safe: 1138.
- Mass Effect 2: Legion has 1,183 geth programs in its platform.
- PAYDAY 2: The picture for the asset in Ukrainian Job giving you the code for the shutters if the heist goes loud shows that said code is 1138.
- Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth: Ribbon's designation number, UIY-2249, is "THX-1138" with each letter and number moved up one.
- The Secret of Monkey Island: The number 1138 popping up a lot and a bridge troll being actually George Lucas in disguise.
- Septerra Core has a shout-out to the "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" scene from Star Wars: A New Hope when Maya infiltrates Connors's pirate base. The number 1138 crops up in the form of an override password.
- The Sims: When randomizing a new Plumbot's name, suggestions include, among others, Data, Loar, Optimus Even, X-1338, 2B-OrNot-2B, Ausem-O, Johnathan 5, Kryten, I, PLumbot, Marvin P.A., J.A.R.V.I.X., P.A.L. 9000, The Manwitch, B3ND4R, P-3C0 and 4 8 15 16 23.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds features the Imperial basic troops (unsurprisingly, stormtroopers) announcing "THX-1138 ready, sir."
- Stellaris: The right combination of suffixes and prefixes will see an asteroid designated "THX 1138."
- Darths & Droids: Officer Party 1138. #806.
- Freefall: 203: Helix's "Helix Vision" contains the code THX 1138, which George Lucas frequently inserts into his works as an in-joke.
- Schlock Mercenary: The imaginary TV in "The Sharp End Of The Stick" has "THX 1138" printed on the back.
- Darwin's Soldiers: Stern's two assigned allies in the Schutzhund are competitors 1138 and 1337.
- Smile For The Camera: Experiment 1138
- Pinky and the Brain has a George Lucas Shout Out in the opening credits. One of the things Brain writes on the chalkboard is "THX=1138".
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: In "Clone Cadets", the training program variant that Bravo squad runs is Version THX Variable 1138.