The nightmarish "hands emerging from the corridor walls" imagery seemingly entered the public consciousness.
- The most memorable homage was paid in An American Werewolf in London, which borrowed the closet mirror Jump Scare for the scene in which Jack's more decomposed-looking ghost appears.
- Day of the Dead (1985) homages Repulsion with a Jump Scare shot of zombie hands breaking through a wall to grab the lead actress.
- Community has the Halloween Episode "Paranormal Parentage", where hands and a face emerge from a wall.
- In A Plague Tale: Innocence, Amicia is having a Nightmare Sequence in which arms are reaching out for her in a tunnel.
- The Town of Light has a sequence where arms are reaching out to the protagonist in a corridor of an asylum. Watch it here.
- Detroit: Become Human has this scene in an android junkyard with android arms reaching out to Markus as he tries to find a way out.
- This video, which was briefly featured on Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files