- In Toy Story 2, Slinky says "I may not be a smart dog, but I know what roadkill is." Bonus points for having Tom Hanks as the lead in both movies.
- The "Weird Al" Yankovic song "Gump" is a parody of the The Presidents of the United States of America song "Lump" rewritten to be about the film.
- In the The Lonely Island song "Jack Sparrow", they get annoyed when Michael Bolton keeps interrupting their Boastful Rap about buying girls at the club to sing about Pirates of the Caribbean. Eventually, he starts to sing about other films, including Erin Brockovich, Scarface (1983), and Forrest Gump, where Bolton references the "Life is a box of chocolates" quotes.
- The Drake song "0 to 100" references Forrest's penchant for running.I run this shit, they like, "Go Forrest!"
"Run, Forrest! Run Forrest, Go Forrest!"
- In The Angry Video Game Nerd's review of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), the Nerd compares a feather falling down to the opening scene of Forrest Gump. This is followed by the Nerd sitting on a bench in-game parodying Forrest Gump.Nerd: [imitating Forrest's voice]' My mama always said, "Life was like a box of shit. You always gonna get shit."
- In the Taz-Mania episode of Console Wars, Dan compares Taz running in the licensed game of the same name for the SNES to Forrest Gump. A gag follows where Dan keeps expecting Greg to say that Forrest was "retarded" and trying to stop him, but as it turns out, Greg calls Forrest "A really nice rich guy who was a retired triple captain".
- The short "Boo Happens" is a parody of this film with Chicken Boo in the Forrest role. Of course, he's outed as a giant chicken at the hippie rally.
- In the short "Gimme a Break", Forrest offers Slappy Squirrel some of his chocolates, but he ends up biting into an explosive piece of chocolate.
- The Boondocks: In "Ballin'", Riley calls autistic boy Billy Matthews "Forrest Gump" and "Rain Man".
- Family Guy:
"Your life, however, is like a box of ACTIVE GRENADES!"
- In the first episode "Death Has a Shadow", Stewie paraphrases to Lois the "Life is like a box of chocolates" quote.
- In a segment from "Family Guy Viewer Mail #2", Peter tries to run away from clones of Robin Williams, who repeatedly shout to him "Run, Forrest, run!".
- In "Yug Ylimaf", Peter asks "Is he smart, or is he like me?" when Stewie is born.
- A Cutaway Gag from "Quagmire's Quagmire" depicts Forrest as being an Extreme Doormat to Jenny.
- The Simpsons: At the beginning of "Gump Roast", Homer stands on a bench with a box of chocolates dressed as Forrest while the end of a feather jabs him in both his eyes. He then tells Chief Wiggum key moments in his life.
- VeggieTales: The Silly Song "Larry's High Silk Hat" (from Lyle the Kindly Viking) opens with a shot of a feather falling on Larry, who is sitting on a bench with a box of chocolate.