Red Oni Blue Oni /
- Vladimir and Estragon in Waiting for Godot.
- In Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, Rosencrantz is red and Guildenstern is blue.
- In Hamlet we have Laertes (red) and Fortinbras (red) contrasting with Hamlet (blue), conforming to the Zeroth Law Of Trope Examples.
- In Julius Caesar there is Cassius (red) and Brutus (blue). To a lesser extent, Octavius is also blue to Antony's red.
- In the movie version of the musical Jekyll and Hyde (yes, the one with David Hasselhoff), Dr. Jekyll is shown with a red light◊ (hard to tell in this picture, sorry) and Hyde is shown with a blue light shining on him◊
- Romeo and Juliet gives us Romeo (red) and Benvolio (blue), Mercutio (red) and Benvolio (blue), and even Romeo (red) and Juliet (blue).
- The Lady From the Sea by Henrik Ibsen has the Wangel sisters: Hilde (red), and Bolette (blue).
- To a degree, Henry Higgins (red) and Colonel Pickering (blue) from Pygmalion and My Fair Lady, with Eliza Doolittle eventually playing red oni to Higgins' blue.
- A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder: Sibella and Phoebe to a tee. They even wear giant pink and turquoise dresses, respectively.