In order to save Soulburner, Playmaker fights against the bounty hunters Kenmochi and Yoroizaka. Meanwhile, due to Blood Shepherd's trap, the memories that Soulburner tried to suppress have been uncovered. With his back against the wall, Soulburner, now more vulnerable than ever, begins his Duel against Blood Shepherd...
This episode contains the following tropes:
- Badass Back: Blood Shepherd destroys the ladybug Emma uses to monitor him and Soulburner, without bothering to turn around.
- Break Them by Talking: Blood Shepherd vows to bury Soulburner in a state of dark despair after all three copies of his "Duplicate Drone" transform into "Despair from the Dark", Soulburner's childhood fear.
- Captain Obvious: Blood Shepherd's AI warns him of the possibility that Soulburner will attack him directly."Please be careful. There's a chance he will attack you directly."
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Playmaker defeats Kenmochi in a single turn without letting his own LP deplete once.
- Four Is Death: If you thought one "Despair from the Dark" wasn't bad enough, try four copies of the same Monster on for size. Soulburner will have an even harder time trying to overcome his past traumas thanks to Blood Shepherd actively exploiting his childhood fear.
- History Repeats: Once again, a Gouki deck user gets defeated by Playmaker who has "Cyberse Annihilation" equipped to a Cyberse Link Monster.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Kenmochi completely blew his chances of victory for Summoning two Gouki Monsters in Defense Position, as Playmaker finishes him off in a single turn thanks to "Pentestag" inflicting piercing damage and "Cyberse Annihilation" dealing damage equal to the ATK the destroyed "Gouki Riscorpio" had.
- Oh, Crap!: Kenmochi freaks out when he realises that the Effect of "Cyberse Annihilation" will deal enough damage to deplete the rest of his LP and cost him the Duel.
- One-Hit Kill: Playmaker depletes all of Kenmochi's LP in a single turn, with the combined Effects of "Pentestag" and "Cyberse Annihilation".
- Saying Too Much: Defied by Blood Shepherd; while his AI did explain the first two Effects of "Mirror Coat Unit", he initially didn't allow it to say anything about the third Effect which counters the Effect of Soulburner's "Salamangreat Heatleo".