In order to rescue a boy who fell victim to the "Another" phenomenon, Go Onizuka confronted the criminal who called himself Doctor Genome. Determined to win no matter what, Go casts away his entertainment style and Duels like a heel.
This episode contains the following tropes:
- A Darker Me: Invoked. GO equips Gouki the Dark Mask onto Gouki Thunder Ogre, turning it into Dark Thunder Ogre, and follows up by changing his wrestling persona into Dark Onizuka.
- Deliberate Injury Gambit: Twice; Dark Onizuka has Dark Thunder Ogre destroy Rising Scorpio with a hammer throw, depleting his own LP so that Dark Thunder Ogre can increase its ATK to surpass that of Genome's Helixx Marmotroll.
- Face–Heel Turn: Invoked. GO discards his entertainment style and Duels like a heel, changing his wrestling persona into Dark Onizuka.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: How Rising Scorpio's 'attacks' are present, Dark Thunder Ogre grabbing him by the tail and flinging him at the opponents, to complement the Heel theme.
- No-Sell: Genome's Regeneration Cure negates damage that he would've taken from Gouki Serpent Splash, and subsequently prevents him from losing the Duel.
- Spiteful Spit: Dark Onizuka literally spits poison mist on Genome's face after activating Gouki Poison Mist. Genome calls out on him for cheating.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Genome claims that one's destiny, Duel, and everything else about them is predetermined based on their DNA. Dark Onizuka, however, dismissively remarks that only he decides his own fate.