"Yu-Gi-Oh!: it stays crunchy- even in milk!"
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: The names of the 3 Egyptian god cards: Obelisk the Tormentor, Slifer the Executive Producer, and... Mega Ultra Chicken. Kaiba's protest over how dumb this is just gets met with a No, You.
- Character Title: Yami is quick to bring up the fact that Yu-Gi-Oh! follows this trope when Yugi angsts over whether he is actually the main character.
- Compensating for Something: Kaiba confesses to flagging Youtube videos just because he has an extremely small penis. Considering the problems that this series has had with staying on Youtube, this comment doubles as a searing Take That!.
- Flat-Earth Atheist: Kaiba is such an unflinching skeptic that he still refuses to believe Ishizu even after witnessing a Flash Back that supports absolutely everything she's saying.
- It Will Never Catch On: Kaiba scoffs at Ishizu's insistence that he will one day run a dueling academy.
- Medium Awareness: Ishizu's Millenium Necklace grants this power to the wearer. Fourth walls beware.
- Mundane Made Awesome: "That's right, Kaiba. A giant. Rock."
- "OH MY GOD ANOTHER GIANT ROCK!"
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Lampshaded; Kaiba questions why Pegasus didn't use the most powerful Duel Monsters cards that he created back in Season 1. Ishizu responds by claiming "the writers hadn't thought of them yet." Ishizu continues to say that Pegasus gave her the cards to keep them safe, and then "Chenquieh!" revealed that Pegasus did so to prevent anybody unleashing the dark powers within the cards, further justifying this.note
- Reincarnation: Yugi and Kaiba are reincarnations of the Pharaoh and the Pharaoh's high priest, respectively.
- Screw Destiny: Averted. Kaiba is actually pretty excited that he's destined to play card games with Yugi forever.Kaiba: Best. Destiny. Ever.
- Spoil at Your Own Risk: In-universe. The winner of the ancient battle between the Pharaoh and his high priest was hidden by "ancient Egyptian spoiler tags".
- Thinly-Veiled Dub Country Change: Since the dubbed version of the series has a habit of Americanizing things, no one is sure whether they should be welcoming Ishizu to America or Japan.
- Wham Episode: One of the first episodes that actually attempts to start in on the main plotline of the series.
- Why Don't You Marry It?: "Why don't you marry the Pharaoh if you love him so much?!"