"Yu-Gi-Oh!: it stays crunchy- even in milk!"
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: The names of the 3 Egyptian god cards: Obelisk the Tormentor, Slifer the Executive Producer, and... Mega Ultra Chicken. Kaiba's protest over how dumb this is just gets met with a No, You.
- Character Title: Yami is quick to bring up the fact that Yu-Gi-Oh! follows this trope when Yugi angsts over whether he is actually the main character.
- Compensating for Something: Kaiba confesses to flagging Youtube videos just because he has an extremely small penis. Considering the problems that this series has had with staying on Youtube, this comment doubles as a searing Take That!.
- Flat-Earth Atheist: Kaiba is such an unflinching skeptic that he still refuses to believe Ishizu even after witnessing a Flash Back that supports absolutely everything she's saying.
- It Will Never Catch On: Kaiba scoffs at Ishizu's insistence that he will one day run a dueling academy.
- Medium Awareness: Ishizu's Millenium Necklace grants this power to the wearer. Fourth walls beware.
- Mundane Made Awesome: "That's right, Kaiba. A giant. Rock."
- "OH MY GOD ANOTHER GIANT ROCK!"
- Reincarnation: Yugi and Kaiba are reincarnations of the Pharaoh and the Pharaoh's high priest, respectively.
- Screw Destiny: Averted. Kaiba is actually pretty excited that he's destined to play card games with Yugi forever.
- Spoil At Your Own Risk: In-universe. The winner of the ancient battle between the Pharaoh and his high priest was hidden by "ancient Egyptian spoiler tags".
- Thinly-Veiled Dub Country Change: Since the dubbed version of the series has a habit of Americanizing things, no one is sure whether they should be welcoming Ishizu to America or Japan.
- Wham Episode: One of the first episodes that actually attempts to start in on the main plotline of the series.
- Why Don't You Marry It?: "Why don't you marry the Pharaoh if you love him so much?!"